active jw's visiting here?

by Ronnie38 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandry
    Quandry

Rosalee says:

When they suggest you leave here it's generally because they don't like to be reminded that they mostly know that what they are doing is wrong. Lurk if you want but be very careful ... we are warned to be very cautious in our use of the internet ... for good reason.

You know, you still never answered my question to you from many months ago.....do you feel just a bit disobedient for coming to this web site? If you were asked by an elder if you were frequenting apostate websites, what would you answer?

Just curious. Obviously, I don't know who you are but you seem so emphatic about obedience to the WTBTS that I am wondering how you feel about this issue? Isnt' "what you are doing wrong?"

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

#1 ... why would an elder ask me if I'm visiting apostate websites?

#2 ... is this an apostate website? Or is it a place where all are welcome to discuss topics concerning Jehovah's Witnesses? Last I looked not all here are apostates ... including reniaa.

#3 ... if I felt what I am doing is wrong ... I wouldn't be doing it.

• Ronnie38
    Ronnie38

Very interesting replies---thanks... Stilla---I hate to ask the obvious, but how could you be an elder still with all the information you know on the jw's? Once I found out about silentlambs and the 587 vs. 607 BCE date, that was enough for me. But then again, that's just me. :-) Reniaa---I always think a person should do what makes them happiest on their chosen path. I am just curious I guess if you believe the jws to still be the one and only 'truth' that the organization claims it to be? Rosalee---I agree with you. The term apostate to me has gotten way blown out of proportion. It just means a disagreement of doctrine really. Ron

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Stilla---I hate to ask the obvious, but how could you be an elder still with all the information you know on the jw's? I am STILL A JW EX ELDER

• Ronnie38
    Ronnie38

Ok.. gotcha..

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oh, this is a gooood thread.

"If I thought that what I was doing was wrong, I wouldn't be doing it."--Rosalee.

I concur. That's why I'm here. I don't believe that what I'm doing is wrong.

It never once occured to me that you guys (you and reniaa) might be here to practice your debating skills. I'm not saying that you are. I'm just saying that the possibility never occured to me.

It does make sense.

Elders have asked people before if they are reading apostate material or websites.

• worf
    worf

Rosalee,

What is an apostate?

Worf

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

Well worfel ... enlighten us ... what is an apostate?????

Rose

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

janet ... if you'd like a full-blown debate with a witness, why don't you start a thread on something that's on your mind?

Does it bother you so much that I answered someone's question with a question?

I don't feel that I have to kick at every dog that barks at me.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Always the charmer, Rosalee. Oh, I've started debate threads before, with the inevitable jello-result. The only person who ran the debate to ground was an evangelical, not a witness.

I take it you are not interested. In the off-chance you are, is there a subject that particularly impassions you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit