active jw's visiting here?

by Ronnie38 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Ronnie38
    Ronnie38

I was just curious---

I assume that there are active jws that visit here.

Any idea on the percent that the board has? Does it just seem to be a very few or is it a substantial number?

Also, I assume they come here to debate doctrine or no?

Thanks,

Ron

• undercover
    undercover

Any idea on the percent that the board has? Does it just seem to be a very few or is it a substantial number?

Also, I assume they come here to debate doctrine or no?

The percentage would be very small...in the single digits most likely. Fewer still come to debate doctrine.

I take it you're not familiar with how JWs are trained to not listenn to criticism or negative talk about the Watchtower Society.

Anything that hints of apostasy is to be avoided at all costs. On top of that the Society has constantly counseled their followers to be wary of the Internet. If a JW were to stumble on this site, after they realize that its more anti-JW than pro, they would leave pretty quick.

A very few have stuck around long enough to try to debate doctrine or practices only to retreat after they're bombarded by the majority of ex-JWs who know more about the doctrines than practicing JWs.

• Ronnie38
    Ronnie38

Thanks undercover---

I am very aware of how jws are as I spent my first 29 years as one. Been free from them for over 10 years now and very glad.

I was just curious because I know a lot of jw beliefs and doctrine seem to be posted so I was interested if jws try to come on here to try to prove people wrong. Then again, I can imagine they wouldn't stick around for long if they did try to do it.

• blondie
    blondie

I was an active jw when I posted on JWD. But..............

But "how can you keep them down on the farm after they've seen Paree"

• sf
    sf

They come here because they CAN.

It's the ONLY place, albeit virtual, that they CAN/ DO and WILL associate with apostates, opposers and worldly folk, with no one the wiser. Yet, go door to door telling others they are going to die if they don't convert.

It's appalling, the level of hypocrisy they display for all to witness. (Absolutely pun intended)

It's why I value the lurkers. At least their level of hypocrisy isn't as blatant. I can deal with that.

sKally

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I seem to attract responses from active JWs on here, usually when it comes to issues such as abuse. I don't know why they enjoy picking on me. Probably because I was never baptized, and they're allowed to talk to me.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Apalling, hypocritical, active JW, reporting for duty!

om

• LisaAnn
    LisaAnn

I know it's hard to watch hypocrisy, but those still active are in a tough spot.

Everybody draws the line in different places. For 13 years I attended every single meeting with my family. I seldom commented. I personally couldn't do the door-to-door thing, but I sang up a storm during each song! I was aware how hypocritical it was to sing those crap lyrics, but it didn't bother me enough to lead me to stop and it helped to dissuade others from labeling me as an unbeliever.

I was able to weather it out and my oldest child is now out! Yay! I'm still underground till my youngest is old enough.

• sir82
    sir82
    I assume they come here to debate doctrine or no?

Generally no. Every once in a great while a teenage JW with little debating skill and less intelligence will pop up and get soundly thrashed.

All, literally ALL of the unique JW doctrines were debated, and the JWs lost every time, 8+ years ago on the old H2O forum. There were some lively debates back then between JWs and "apostates".

But today, there's not a lot to debate. It's all been done.

• LisaAnn
    LisaAnn

Hey, I remember the H2O forum! I used to lurk there all the time! Wha happened?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit