Pioneer hours change

by JWFreak 99 Replies latest jw friends

• M.J.
    M.J.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for some more confirmation.

I'm suspecting it's just a rumor?

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

One thing some of you might find interesting is that the Circuit Overseers are not required to make pioneer hours.

When I was a C.O., from 1993 to 2000, I put in 90 plus hours each month. I went in streetwork and evening witnessing. I have a lot of energy and I liked to support the pioneers. Then my District Overseer showed me the letter, it said that while Circuit Overseers are pioneers, they have other responsibilities, such as to shepherd the flock, so the 90 hours was not a requirement. They "encouraged" us to put in at least 80 hours, though.

BF

• free2beme
    free2beme

Wow, when I was in the religion ... that was not even enough for an Auxilary Pioneer

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

It's looking distinctly like a hoax now.

Unless we've been expecting the wrong thing at the right time ...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Man this isn't true? You got to be joking!

I told my wife's 78 year-old grandmother who is a pioneer that the hours were coming down and she was delighted.

Shame on you if this was made up.

• waxtadpole
    waxtadpole

i have become cautious of this rumor and the CO/DO arrangement rumor as of lately.there is still no solid proof from what i have read.KA-ZAM!!!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

could be that it wont be announced until first service meeting of september...

and that hasn't happened yet.

my sis was enquiring tonight...that's what i told her

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Yes confirmation would be helpful. These do look like common sense changes...if they are true.

Isaac

• sir82
    sir82

As of Sept. 2, our congregation has heard nothing about it. No BOE letter, nothing.

Do you suppose it could have been an attempt to track down a Bethel mole? "We suspect Brother X is leaking info. Tell him, and him alone, this rumor, and see if it pops up on the apostate boards."

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Maybe someone will hear tonight if they have an early school , or maybe the timing is off on this announcement, or maybe it was just a rumor, which would be too bad for those of us who mentioned it to active JWs.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit