Pioneer hours change

by JWFreak 99 Replies latest jw friends

• chickpea
    chickpea

i agree with boyzone.....

get a few thousand "never could find time to aux" down trodden drones
    to rejoice over the new time reduction and there will be a rush to add "auxillary pioneer"
    to their b0rg standings, with a corresponding spike in the hours reported.....

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I have two theories: One: the WTB&TS is following Sam Walton's business guide to charge less and sell more. If the pioneer hours are lessened, more people can be pressured into pioneering. The more people with the title, the more control there is over the rank and file, since one must be an exemplary jw to hold onto the title. Two: Is there a limit on the number of hours that someone on disability can volunteer?

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

when it drops to 2 hrs a month, i'll qualify.....and then start "turning in" only 1.

• uninformed
    uninformed

odd potter your wrote:

I remember when it was 100 hours a month in the late 60's early 70s.

When I was a pioneer it was 90 hours and it was tough to get and
    earn enough money to live, even though I was living at home.

In the late 60's and early 70's the requirements were 1200 per year.

I missed my time in 1971 by 3 hours, I got 1197 not the required 1200. I kid you not, I got a NASTY letter from those son of a bitches, suggesting that I consider leaving the pioneer ranks as I was not able to take the ministry 'seriously' enough.

Like a fool, I wrote and apologized and stayed on.

what a dumb ass.

Brant

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

something else that i thought about this aft..is that they can no longer dangle the carrots of bethel, becoming a co/do. or gilead with any real conviction anymore.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

My wife is going to the book study tonight, I mentioned to her with the research I am doing for the husband of her study sister I saw that pioneering hours are dropping, she was concerned but wow, is she dubbed up, she said it must be something that came from the anointed.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

If this is true I think this is major - from a period of no change, in the last few years there seem to be changes every few months

• blondie
    blondie

At one time the CO and DO and their wives were expected to put in regular pioneer hours. That has blurred over time.

When I first regular pioneered, 100 hours a month was required. Actually, few regular pioneers make it past 5 years before they quit. Few go back in, burnt out. It will be interesting to see if the numbers of pioneers goes up. The KM is always a few months behind reporting though.

I am not surprised the numbers are going down. It is getting harder and harder to support yourself working only 20 hours a week and working more than that makes the mental and physical pressure of getting your time in.

Blondie

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Of course this is with all the brothers in mind....to make it easier since

things are getting harder everyday, and well then the price of gas...

h40

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

What a bunch of wimps!

When I auxiliary pio'd it was 60 hours a month. 90 hours for regular pio's.

Just a thought, just throwing this out there. What if maybe a restructuring to field service is to come? Send the lowly publishers out to do the door-knocking, the initial sales calls, and use the pioneers to do the follow-up return visits and bible studies? 30, 50, or 60+ hours a month is a lot easier to make when you're wasting time driving to return visits or sitting in someone's home for a bible study that can be dragged out beyond an hour. And you're "on the clock" while driving between calls and studies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit