Pioneer hours change

by JWFreak 99 Replies latest jw friends

• M.J.
    M.J.

Maybe they'll have to invent a new category of "super duper pioneer" on the top end or something.

If, as per OTWO's comment, they need to reduce the cost of pioneering, maybe super dupes will have fundraising duties too!

• metatron
    metatron

Consider how meaningless hours spent in service are these days. Nobody home, nobody interested. The lack of productivity in this activity is jaw dropping, especially with less literature and fewer magazines.

Incredible as this might seem, we should consider the possibility that the GB is simply shutting down the preaching work as something that is fufilled and too expensive to continue. Like my Soviet analogy, the guys at the top often lose faith before the ignorant proletariat do.

metatron

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Two observations:

1. The pioneer brand is gradually being cheapened by making the rank available to more publishers. A lot of the current pioneers get off on being part of an exclusive club. They get a boost of self-esteem from accomplishing something other JWs cannot (even if a lot of them count tons of phantom hours to get there).

2. It's going to force a lot of elders and MS's to join the pioneer ranks. The number of people forming part of the "in" crowd will grow. As a consequence, the "out" group will be looked upon with a greater sense of disdain (spiritually weak) than before.

• Darklighter
    Darklighter

2. It's going to force a lot of elders and MS's to join the pioneer ranks. The number of people forming part of the "in" crowd will grow. As a consequence, the "out" group will be looked upon with a greater sense of disdain (spiritually weak) than before.

Interesting point. It could be lookd at as an attempt to draw the org. closer together, or closer to the "mother".

• ibme
    ibme

I am sure that some will remember this.

Back in the late 50' and 60' IF you did not make your 1200 hr. per year you were removed from the list.

We did not turn our time into the KH (congregation) , we sent our little pink card (yes pink slip) directly to the society explaining, at the bottom, why we did not make our time. So the congregation servants did not know what we were doing. We were a special breed (just joking). Believe me, if we did not make it MOMMA always told.

Personally I always made my time plus. (Had to help keep up the national average)

ibme

• mustang
    mustang

Spiritually weak & proud of it, here: when I pIONEER'd it was 100 hours/month.

Mustang

• mustang
    mustang

No doubt about it: its time for the WTS to have a LAITY CLASS.

DO LESS will be the new banner

Mustang

• mustang
    mustang
    You see, the end was closer back then then it is now, so there was a greater sense of urgency. Back then, the end would arrive before the generation that lived during 1914 died off. Now, the end of the world will get here whenever it gets here.

A temporal paradox!!! Call Cap'n Janeway@ once!!!

Mustang

• iceguy
    iceguy

If they dropped it to 10 hours a month I still would not have qualified. I bet I can count on one hand how many times I hit the national average.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    A temporal paradox!!! Call Cap'n Janeway@ once!!!

But make sure she is wearing a head covering.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit