Pioneer hours change

by JWFreak 99 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

They are WINDING IT DOWN,gradually, so it won't be so dramatic when they STOP DOOR-to-DOOR next year.

That's the plan.

• willyloman
    willyloman

You know how there are some retail stores that are always "going out of business"? They operate on the theory that if you stand out on the sidewalk and wave your arms around, some people will run over to see what's going on.

The WTS is a lot like that. When there doesn't seem to be any excitement in the organization (i.e.,sales are flat), they create some excitement by any means possible. This change, if it's true (no one has posted any proof yet) will give them something to talk about and be the topic of the next several monthly issues of the Kingdom Ministry. More importantly, it blurs the old lines. Later, when they report that the number of pioneers/aux pio's is way up over recent years, everyone will lose sight of the fact that this is a meaningless statistic. Instead, it will be viewed as more "growth" and further proof of God's "favor."

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Saw some proof from an elder posting on another site and that is my exact reaction wily, six months from now when the number of aux pioneers/pioneers is up, no one will remember that the required hours is down...as you said, a meaningless statistic!

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

A few thoughts on the rumored change:

First, as others have mentioned, the timing makes me a bit skeptical. Why would they make the change at the beginning of the service year?

Second, lots of people mention the pre-1999 requirement of 90 hours per month. Not be a nit-picker, but the requirement was actually 83.333 hours per month (1000 hours divided by 12 months); 90 was just recommended for scheduling/planning purposes.

Third, looking at it historically, this would be a tremendous change from the 1940s. According to the July 1, 1943 WT, regular pioneers had a 150 hour quota. Thus, the trajectory resembles the following: 150 ----> 100 ----> 83 ----> 70 ----> 50.

Finally, if this rumor is true, how in the world can they call it "full-time service"? I had a hard time with that term when I was a pioneer in the old days. How much more so if it's only 50 hours per month? Lots of us with full-time jobs work 50 or more hours per week!

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

When I aux once; it was 50 hours then. Like some one has already asked, how can that be considered full time…???

Just over 8 hours a week to aux pio..... It’s still too much of a waste of life…..

• besty
    besty

Mr Boombastick sez...dinna waste yer life young 'un....

• besty
    besty

dang that post - it was 747 - should have made it jumbo

• zagor
    zagor

That is a regular trend in wtbs that is being observed over the last few years, they are slowly releasing the grip on people. They have to otherwise everything will fall appart even sooner.

It is a practice applied by any department store, first you overcharge people, then sell it at the real market price but as sales keep slipping you add disscounts 10%, 20% ... 50% and then one day you cut it all just to clear the shelves before writting it all off. See similarity?

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

SHOULDN'T THERE BE A PROPORTIONATE REDUCTION IN EXPECTED ORDINARY PUBLISHER HOURS TOO, EG, 10 HOURS A MONTH DOWN TO 6?

• yknot
    yknot

Well if this proves true then next years stats are gonna look great!

Looky Looky the numbers pioneering is growing! Proof the end is near cuz so many are pioneering! See we have Jah's blessings.

Wahooo I see myself signing up soon, I could do 35-50 hours with my eyes closed.

Look Look Bro Ted I am returning!.... LOL I could rack up 16 hours each month on kids and BS parties alone!

Frankly the leadership is so weak and directionless now. Using the IFS model doesn't make you a leader, just a bully ( I should know- Yknot of the ocassional bully class).

For those still trapped and not above Faking FS... please refer to my tips learned by pioneering with the most 'spiritual of sisters'. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/163422/2.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit