My theory about the behavior and obsession of some ex-JWs

by Simon 135 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    You need a thick skin to post on these Boards ...

This is true. And in some sense, this may be the most helpful thing about posting on boards such as JWD, growing a thicker skin that is. Glad you got in before Simon closed the board to new registrations. Welcome.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Also, Lisa Ann, Hillary is one of the of the most entertaining posters you will read on JWD. His sarcasm is priceless and he's nicer than he sometimes comes across.

• caliber
    caliber

When the anger is SO profound and the pain so EXCRUCIATING.. it's not uncommon to lash out at every one and every thing. Pain, hurt, angry.. they aren't always reasonable. A potential counter-defense is empathy. A person feeling this way just needs someone to listen and understand. They won't find this at the KWH.. maybe amongst fellow ex-jws?

We don't all walk away feeling whole and complete. Some of us want to scream and punch and sob until we have no strength left.

/flashback

Wow.. memories... what were we talking about? ... Feudianslip

These comments that I read from yesterday by Freudianslip have haunted me all night and day !

I guess I see them as a cry for help but it is a cry I can not answer. But I do give is analogy......

If my car seems to be running fine but once in a while the gas pedal sticks to the floor-boards''

it roars out of control endangering everything

and everyone around me then it behooves me to get it fixed immediately ! Please seek help !

Caliber

• new boy
    new boy

Do you what a "black and white" world.

6 billion "worldly" people

6 million jws...

and you what to take all these and boil them down into some generalalitys?

If that is what you need to do to sleep through the night....great

You my friend have created something BIGGER then yourself and no longer what to deal with it.

You what to move on and frankly all "normal" people should....But the hot news is some people just haven't got there let.

So take the easily way out and say "you tried"....or

pass the batton to someone else...

You don't have to kill the baby you created....you just need let some new parents take it over.

Has I have said before this a life and death decision....for others....not you...you get to go home.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

LisaAnn,

Interesting... perhaps I misunderstood the purpose of this forum.

Yes, you did and that is the only accurate comment in your post apart from your acknowledging that Gerard behaved like a 'dumbass'.

Gerard did behave like a 'dumbass'. He was called on it.

HS

• willyloman
    willyloman

So Ginny Tosken posts a poignant response in which it's clear she "gets" what Simon was trying to say when he started this thread and then summarizes the argument beautifully. And she is totally ignored.

This is what has become so frustrating about this forum. There was a day when the posts and replies followed a theme, when replies came after reading previous posts and added something to the topic. Today, too often, you read these threads and realize that many of the people who have joined the conversation are not listening at all but simply holding their breath, waiting to talk. So many posts start out with a promise that we all might learn something about our unique experience and history and end up making me wonder why Simon didn't pull the plug a long, long time ago.

I suspect many of us put up with it only because there is nowhere else can we come to hear this talk. But it's tiresome to have to slog through the mud looking for nuggets of truth. After awhile, it becomes so not worth it.

But maybe that's because one man's nugget is another's fool's gold and there is no absolute truth, only the truth we seek, one that no one else can recognize.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Willy

Get over yourself!

Sirona

• CunningMan
    CunningMan

wilyloman,

I know exactly what you mean. I noticed the same thing when I first posted years ago and it's still a problem now. There was always too many people on the board and too many of them are struggling for attention. There's a lot of lip service paid towards listening to each other's experiences, but really few here really actually care. They just respond with the scripted responses and cyber-hugging.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Hi GenericMan.

• CunningMan
    CunningMan

Hi Bendrr.

So, how long will it take before you're booted for outing people and posting personal info? I have to admit, it's quite amusing to see you sucking up to the one person you've vilified for years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit