Craziest thing you've ever been "counseled" for????

by superman 58 Replies latest jw friends

• DJ_Q
    DJ_Q

Amama2six,

I cant say how sorry I am you had to endure being counseled for something that terrible. I guess by comparison my counseling session was minor.

I was counseled for giving a ride to a fellow co-worker home one day because his car had broke down. You might not believe this but I actually laughed in the elders face, and that got me another counseling session for being disrespectful.

DJ_Q

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I thought I had nothing for this thread, but then I remembered:

Wearing white socks. Apparently only homosexuals wear white socks. What did I know I was only 16.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I was counseled for handing out wedding invitations inside the Kingdom Hall. No big scene. Just quietly slip one to a few brothers. Elder who wanted me to go to Bethel took me to the backroom and told me "not to conduct business in Jehovah's house". Well, okay ... so, after the meeting I passed the invitations outside in the parking lot. Again, no big scene. Same elder approached me huffing and puffing and told me that the parking lot was "Jehovah's home" too and I should just mail the invitations instead of passing them out at the Kingdom Hall (inside or outside). The same elder studied the Knowledge Book with me, but when he found out that I had no intention of going to Bethel - he stopped talking to me. He didn't come to the wedding either (although he was invited).

• Duncan
    Duncan

an old post from a couple of years ago about a bizarre bit of counseling (thoroughly deserved, though)

Duncan.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/129440/1.ashx

• karen96
    karen96

I was counseled by my ex hubby, who was an elder. He did not show up to my (worldly) family's function. When I got home, I asked where he had been. He said he was with a brother. I asked doing what? He actually said "Well, since it wasn't a sheparding call, I guess I can tell you. We were playing golf. But you shouldn't ask me where I go with the brothers." Not long after that I left him.

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

LOL. Who the hell were you married to? Michael Corleone??!??

"Never ask me about my Business, Kay!" - SLAP!

Geez...

• mustang
    mustang

Got counseled for cutting open the Watchtower and Awake bundles with a razor blade, and god help me, sometimes one of the top ones would get sliced. I always just tossed it, and then put up everybody's mag order into the little boxes we had for that purpose.

Watchtower & Awake mags used to come rolled up in brown paper, about 40 to a roll IIRC.

We had brothers that worked @ USPO: one of them was the Mag Servant. He would bring them in, canvas bag & all. His method was what you did, except that he knew where to spot the EDGE of the magazine behind the kraft paper. He would slit along that and you couldn't tell anything because he cut against the edges

'Twould have saved you a tongue-lashing

Mustang

• james_woods
    james_woods

Mustang, my beloved PO (here I will not mention the name) would probably have noticed some tiny mark on the edges of the pages anyway and made a big deal about that.

We usually tried to cut down the edge part, but sometimes even that ruined one. After the tirade, I tried for a while to be more careful, but then just gave up on it and took the damaged ones home in the post office bags.

BTW, I had to pick up at least 3 or 4 bags of them - more when they had a "special issue". It was too much to go in my Corvair Monza's front trunk, so I had them in the fold-down back seat as well. Same guy counseled me for having that Corvair, too - it was a 2 door hardtop, and would have been easier to work with in service and for magazine duty if it had been a larger 4-door.

But that was nothing compared to the reaction I got over the Porsche 911T Targa that the Monza got traded in for.

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

Having my arm around my wifes shoulders while sitting at the meeting. This was in Stratford, Ontario back in 1972.

what a tool

• trevor
    trevor

Dark brown suit and matching suede shoes on the platform.

I was told not to repeat the offence - 'Suede is 'too casual for meetings.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit