Craziest thing you've ever been "counseled" for????

by superman 58 Replies latest jw friends

• superman
    superman

I know that this has been a popular post in the past. But after my last post, it got me thinking. I used to always use those stupid field service report slips as scratch paper. You know the time, bible study, and those blue/yellow ones (can't exactly remember what those blue/yellow ones were used for). But one day, this family was visiting from a nearby state, and they seemed nice so I wanted to get their information (phone number, address, etc). I walked to the back got a time slip, wrote their information down on the back, and put it in my pocket. Little did I know I was being watched by the KH "Gestapo"! Brother "Holy-than-tho/Super Nazi" elder actually came up to me and said, "Those slips aren't intended for you to use as your own personal organizer", then he went into this whole speech about showing respect for what is god's and what is holy (I guess I didn't know that god viewed pieces of paper as holy), and how I'm watched by others and looked to as an example, and how I should be setting one, "Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah". Anyway,thats my story what's yours?????

• amama2six
    amama2six

I was counseled for my "part" in being sexually molested at 13 by a 34 year old man. Apparently since I was baptized at 9 I was partly responsible for not handling the situation correctly. Thanks f**kers! (Sorry...couldn't resist saying that last part.)

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I was once counseled about my time being under the nation avg. I looked at the report and every month was higher than the avg. I pointed this out. He, the PO, noticed he took hours for 5 months and avg it over 6. At that point he continued his council on my low avg.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I was counseled for my "part" in being sexually molested at 13 by a 34 year old man. Apparently since I was baptized at 9 I was partly responsible for not handling the situation correctly. Thanks f**kers! (Sorry...couldn't resist saying that last part.)

Your part? Oh yea here are some examples.

Like my part in getting ripped of by a dishonest RE. My part in getting my car stolen. My part in getting mugged in Vegas. My part in the real estate collapse.

How can a 13 year old have a part in a molestation victimization? Bllllaaaaaaarf

• amama2six
    amama2six
    Your part? Oh yea here are some examples.

Like my part in getting ripped of by a dishonest RE. My part in getting my car stolen. My part in getting mugged in Vegas. My part in the real estate collapse.

How can a 13 year old have a part in a molestation victimization? Bllllaaaaaaarf

Oh, but I didn't scream or fight. Instead, I froze in fear. Also, I didn't tell anyone about it for a year. Unfortunately, due to my previous history of being abused (ages 1-4 1/2 in a foster home with a pedophile before moving back in with my father) my brain was used to blocking memories like that out and I literally didn't remember what happened until it hit me like a brick in the middle of class at school one day. That was fun.

I'm actually surprised they didn't DF me right then and there...I guess the "brothers" were feeling generous and simply gave me some counsel. The offender was removed from elder status and reproved. He was encouraged to turn himself in to the authorities (which he did) but I was encouraged not to press charges, so I didn't. He got some therapy, as did I for a very short time, then my family was encouraged to change congregations and forget all about it.

That was a real turning point in my life...the "beginning of the end", so to speak. But I think this is supposed to be a light-hearted thread, so I won't go there.

• mustang
    mustang

Subscribing to ANALOG SCIENCE FICTION/SCIENCE FACT the magazine!!!

I got a Shepherding Call on this, no less.

I'm pretty sure that it was a separate SC from the one on my going to night school @ the local Community College.

Mustang

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

In spanish the word 'Ojalá' means basically "i hope it happens" or "god allowing"... It's root are from the arabic languages therefore you may say their word for god 'alá' in it..

I got called out because I used it; the elder actually suggested that I used 'ojehová' since 'ojalá' mentions allah...

That has to be the crown jewel of all the stupid retorics I ever encountered in my 20+ years as a member of the drone...

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

My car. It was old. But, nicely restored. And fast. Apparently, I had the back end jacked up too far for the tastes of the local elders. I told them that if they didn't like my car they could buy me a new one. The end.

• Mary
    Mary
    Oh, but I didn't scream or fight. Instead, I froze in fear. Also, I didn't tell anyone about it for a year. Unfortunately, due to my previous history of being abused (ages 1-4 1/2 in a foster home with a pedophile before moving back in with my father) my brain was used to blocking memories like that out and I literally didn't remember what happened until it hit me like a brick in the middle of class at school one day. That was fun. I'm actually surprised they didn't DF me right then and there...I guess the "brothers" were feeling generous and simply gave me some counsel.

Jesus H. Christ. 13 years old and you were 'partly responsible' for being raped by an adult who claimed to be a Christian? That just makes me want to vomit. This is the Watchtower Society at it's worst.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

My laugh - I kid you not. I have one of those loud infectious type laughs...not becoming a sister.

My hair - too curly at one stage, or too red at another, by the time it got to the "too pink" stage I was on my way out

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit