Craziest thing you've ever been "counseled" for????

by superman 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

I was always the butthead who did the counseling.

I'm sorry.

Please forgive me.

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

Honesty-

What kinds of crazy things did you counsel people on?

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

A few of us went camping for the convention. Apparently we were loud, yeah right, we were all in bed for 10.30, after at the most two pints of beer. But because we were a group of single teenagers some took it upon themselves to say how loud we were on the campsite. We were just having a laugh for f**k sake.

One by one, we were brought in front of two elders in the second school a week or two later.

Paul

• Beta Male
    Beta Male

Sitting by myself made me appear "unfriendly".

If you knew me, you would see how silly this was.

• blondie
    blondie

Using the bible at the door just when the CO started promoting only using the magazines...........

• sacolton
    sacolton

I said "hi" to someone who was disfellowshipped. You'd think I had robbed a bank by their attitude!

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

for wearing knee length skirts while doing stage demonstrations. They should have been floor length skirts. (showed my panties once while getting up from the table during a school talk :) )

• maximumtool
    maximumtool

Lets see, this is coming up on ten years ago...

I had roommates at the time, and I went out for the day. I was gone for the afternoon, but someone underage came over and drank one beer with my roommates while I was gone.

I was pulled aside and lost all my priviledges, including being able to give even #2 talks.

I was already on my way out, but that sure sped things up for me.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Repost, but I put it up again every time the "crazy counseling" thread comes back.

Got counseled for cutting open the Watchtower and Awake bundles with a razor blade, and god help me, sometimes one of the top ones would get sliced. I always just tossed it, and then put up everybody's mag order into the little boxes we had for that purpose.

Watchtower & Awake mags used to come rolled up in brown paper, about 40 to a roll IIRC. It was my job as assistant magazine servant to go get the big canvas bags of them at the post office every week, at my own expense, load them in my car, and then get there early on Friday night to cut them open and count out everybody's standing order into the mailboxes.

The new jerk of a PO spotted some mags which had been razor-cut (they were impossible to get apart without cutting a few of them), and gave me a good loud talking to in front of others on "proper respect for Jehovah's food." What was so ridiculous was that probably less than 20% of the magazines that people bought to look theocratic ended up anywhere but the trunk of their car, in a laundramat after they were three months old, or eventually into the trash.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Let's see............

Counseled for:

Hair too long

Hair too short

Shirt color (not white)

Tie too colorful

Glasses liks a "hippie"

Late to a meeting (wrecked car on way)

Sitting alone

Sitting with someone

Standing

Going outside during meeting (was having panic attacks)

Not wearing jacket when in service (100 degree days)

Working too much - should be pioneering instead

Car not nice enough - can't use for service

Car too nice (bought a new sports car, I was leaving anyway)

"Wordly" music, books, etc.

Going on a "date" without intention of marrying the girl (just met her)

Attending other Kingdom Halls

Going to wrong assemblies

Bottom line; no matter what one did someone had an ax to grind about it.

Petty, insignificant people with a self righteous sense of power.

I guess thats what you get when your an Elders oldest son (must set example)

The funniest thing was what didn't happen.

In my final judicial commitee hearing (last of 4) I stood up after

getting pounded on for 20 minutes, flipped them all off (both hands)

and told them to F**k Off. I'm done and out of here. Do as you will!!

Never heard from them again.

Best day of my life - June 1st 1980

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit