Teacher sexually assulted me...........what do you think

by Jesika 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Jesika
    Jesika

In your opinon......................should I go through with it..................................(hi simon.....long time)

On August 4th of 2008 at approximately 8:00-8:10am I was coming from the front office after receiving a green sheet for being absent on Thursday, July 31st 2008. I was passing the women's restroom on my way back to class, when I saw Steve walking the barren hallways. He didn't notice me since I was walking far behind him. I then decided to say good morning, as I do everyone in school, including the janitor every morning.

Steve abruptly stopped and turned around, waiting for me to catch up to where he was standing. Then some small talk, "how are you", type things. Steve was standing to my right and put his arm around my shoulders, not uncommon for him to do, even squeezing my neck sometimes. This time his hand stayed limp above my left breast. He made a comment about having an unfavorable morning and needed something soft to lean on or be next to, I can't remember the exact wording. Then he asked if he could grab my chest, and I can't remember the exact wording on that either because of what happened seconds later. My answer to his question was a quick NO, and I thought he was joking around with me, like I am used to around school and the shop- Steve isn't the only one I get comments from, but I laugh it off or talk "smack" back to them. This is where things crossed the line!

Not 20-30 seconds after I promptly said NO, he grabbed the top portion of my left breast. I jumped away and swiftly hit him in the chest open handed with my right arm and hand and yelled "STEVE!". Afterwards making a much larger distance between us and me walking quickly into Buffalo's classroom.

I was shocked, startled, angry, in disbelief, and confused all at the same time. I KNOW he heard me say NO. I am not soft spoken, ask anyone.

I decided to focus my attention to what was going on in class and to deal with it or not later.

I told no one.....not even my live-in boyfriend. Trying to decide if I should or not.

The next day at school, Steve had an "issue" with one of his female students who is in a battered relationship from what I could tell. When he called me over to talk about it with me, trying to find some understanding from a women's point of view; I found myself posed defensively, arms crossed over my chest and standing a good distance away. We weren't around everyone else, but still out in the open and I still felt my stomach drop. That's when I knew I had to tell someone.

I am not writing this with malice. I respect Steve as an instructor, he is a very good teacher, and I would see it as a horrible loss if he were fired from school.

At the same token, I do not believe it is ok to behave in this manner. I am a very outspoken woman and it would pain me very deeply if after I leave here, and this continued to a woman or women who are not as outspoken as I am.

I want this letter to be part of his record or file in case he is unable to keep his hands to himself. Then there would be a record of his previous actions.

I do hope that my letter will deter, or open his eyes as to how serious and wrong this is to his female students, the school, and himself.

This abuse of trust and power, especially calling himself a preacher-minister, a teacher is grossly wrong. I considered him a friend, and I think that is what hurt me the most, cause a true friend wouldn't cross that line.............EVER!

• Jesika
    Jesika

didnt mean to double post

• dawg
    dawg

I admire your humility, but in this case it isn't needed.. what he did, as you have written, is flat out wrong...

He will do it again as predators always do...he must be punished! Period! Not just in his record, as the school will no doubt keep from the civil authorities, which is the very reason you must speak up...

I know this may embarrass you, and as a man I can't say that I completely understand this, I can't say what I may do in the same situation as I have nothing to compare it to.... but as a gender that has powers that are less physically than a man's, you must do this for those that follow...It can't be kept private and from the civil authorities.

Don't you agree?

• dawg
    dawg

This is all this thread gets???? Please!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

This needs to be reported, to the school, and the authorities....immediately!!

Even if you don't want to, think ........of all the ones that can't/won't come forward.

He needs to be stopped now. What if the next victim gets raped? What if it's a friend of yours??

He has no business teaching...anyone!!

STOP HIM NOW!!!! DON'T LET THERE BE ANOTHER VICTIM!!

• david_10
    david_10

"In your opinon......................should I go through with it"

In my opinion, you need to go through with it.

This isn't the first time Steve has done this, and it won't be the last; you need to tell somebody. He will surely deny it, and it will basically come down to your word against his, but you can feel safe that he won't bother you again. Plus, it will be in his file, and next time it will be much harder for him to deny or explain away.

I hope everything works out.

David

• amama2six
    amama2six

I agree with the other posters...this needs to be reported to both the school and the authorities. There's no way it was an accident, you said no and that is that! I wonder how many other women he's done that too who have been too timid to stand up to him...and what else he got away with doing because of it.

(((Hugs)))

• amama2six
    amama2six

Exactly David...and for all we know he could ALREADY have reports in his "file"...this could be the one that finally gets him properly dealt with!

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

OMG Jess, report this immediately and call the cops!

Don't let this happen to someone else ever again! OMG! What if he starts targeting the little kids?????

Yiz

• horrible life
    horrible life

I often feel low, but in my 32 years in the workforce, I have never grabbed another woman's breast, or co-workers crotch. Are there cameras? There may be cameras that you do not even know about.

What if there are cameras, that get reviewed, and this is seen? Could there be misunderstandings, such as your face being turned from the camera, at just the wrong second, and you could be accused of liking it? (You must have liked it, or thought that it was ok, because you didn't report it.) I know it may be far-fetched, but this man crossed the line, and men like this have crossed the line before. Don't doubt it. Could he be getting more bold? Growing in his inappropriateness?

He has nothing over your head. His students, he is over them. He can count on them not saying anything. Now a day has past, and I'll bet he thinks he can now count on you not saying anything.

Remember, serial killers, and serial rapists, have day jobs, and friends.

A gentleman, and or friend, would not have done this. Tell someone in authority.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit