As Much as I hate to say this,I am glad for have being a J Dub

by SuperApostateGirl 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose
    I only mean that it all made me stronger and that I stood up for what I believed in and it wasn't the Organization.

I think this is the only benefit that I gained from being raised in the org. But I would never agree that all of my moral sence came from the religion. I wish that my dad (not a JW) would agree with me. Of course he never takes credit for any of his accomplishments.

• pseattle2
    pseattle2

Good things about my being a JW:

(1) It made me absolutely disdain racism. Which probably led me to accept everyone for who they are as an adult. (Particularly those of different religions.)

(2) Drug-wise, it kept me away from ingesting anything harder than pot and mild hallucinogens.

(3) Made me not have stage fright, or a fear of public speaking. Let's face it. If I could go door-to-door and spew outrageous fantasies and lies to strangers, how hard can it be to tell the truth?

• pseattle2
    pseattle2

Good things about my being a JW:

(1) It made me absolutely disdain racism. Which probably led me to accept everyone for who they are as an adult. (Particularly those of different religions.)

(2) Drug-wise, it kept me away from ingesting anything harder than pot and mild hallucinogens.

(3) Made me not have stage fright, or a fear of public speaking. Let's face it. If I could go door-to-door and spew outrageous fantasies and lies to strangers, how hard can it be to tell the truth?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit