As Much as I hate to say this,I am glad for have being a J Dub

by SuperApostateGirl 42 Replies latest jw friends

• SuperApostateGirl
    SuperApostateGirl

I know this sounds Crazy however being raised a Jehovah's Witness gave me the tools of respect for my fellow man. Also my parents had a huge role as well,of course.

I just find today there are soo many twisted people who are amused by the sickest of circumstances and pride themselves on belittling people.I mean i am the first to say

I love funny sarcasm and making fun of the Jehovah's Witness Religion because I believe in my heart its a crazy cult and way out in left field. I felt not good enough in the Org and often

presumed "Bad Association" even doing nothing wrong because I did not progress spiritually. I often wonder though would I have gotten my Moral conscience without it? Really how are

parents raising their children today.

Basically the Org gave my my basics and my life experiences out of the Org gave me the open mind to all religions,sexual orientations and walks of life. Its sounds like a jumble and

maybe makes no sense...( I am usually only Fluffy on the board ) so i apologize know if this upsets anyone,my intention is not to do so...

XOXO

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

The good was fine -- don't hate.

The bad was, well, bad. Don't need it.

And don't even want to talk about ugly, unless we are in court.

• free2think
    free2think

I totally get what you're saying SAG. I was having a similar discussion with my mum the other day and to a certain extent I was glad for having been a witness, because it taught me so much. I believe it served it's purpose. It molded me into the person i am today and i survived it, and for that i'm happy because i like who i am.

• White Dove
    White Dove

It had the opposite effect on me. I had to readjust for the better and come into my own personality after I left.

I can see no good coming from a mind control cult. Sorry, I just don't see it. Living a lie can never be good.

• Robert7
    Robert7

I wouldn't say I was glad, but I have no regrets. It got me where I am today, and I'm doing quite well. But that being said, I want no more part of it.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Did you guys have friends while in? Because I sure didn't have many. I didn't even have a best friend. They were more like acquaintances that forgot about me. I'd invite them over for tea and they couldn't be bothered. Some over the years shared tea, but not like now. I love the real loving friendships that abound now.

• TinyDancer124
    TinyDancer124

I had a few friends in it. Luckily my parents weren't too strict, so I was allowed "worldly" friends too. My "worldly" friends from when I was a teen are still my friends, believe it or not. I haven't heard from most of my JW friends in years...most of them left the cult before I did. I used to be glad for my JWism. Not anymore. Now, I seriously wish I was never in it.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I understand what you are saying SAG. I do attribute a lot of my personality to being a JW. It did give me morals and the ability to speak in front of large audiences, which has helped with my career. The religion may be off track, but they do try to raise their kids with respect & morals. I do wonder about how some parents raise their kids and why they allow them to do certain things.

White Dove to answer your question...I had many best friends while growing up. I was so close to them, but sadly love is conditional....

• free2think
    free2think

Im wasn't so much talking about the friends part, having or not having. What i was saying is that the experience of being a jehovahs witness is not something i regret, because to regret means to look back and i dont want ot do that. It has taught me lots, about myself, about what kind of a person i am, how strong i am and what i do and dont want from life. Now im not saying im not glad im out of it though, just i dont regret it.

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

"It had the opposite effect on me. I had to readjust for the better and come into my own personality after I left.

I can see no good coming from a mind control cult. Sorry, I just don't see it. Living a lie can never be good."

ditto

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit