Is age just a number? 30 year difference between partners....

by LouBelle 46 Replies latest jw friends

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    I think this situation could be called Nunya.

As in, "Nunya business". I agree. If it's a mistake, let them make it.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I'm 41.

My wife is 27.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I'm 46 and my husband's 64

I was 30 when we got married.

But If my friend started hitting on my son, I would have to start hitting on her.

lisa

• distazo
    distazo

Hi, I once married a JW-sister (i divorced when I df-ed myself and she did not follow) she was 19 years older. After all, she was nice (when I still was a JW), but believe me, when she's say 55-60 years, she's not interested so much as the 30 year younger man in having a sexual relation. And he should know before he marries her, if she's willing to 'compensate' that in some ways. This would cause problems.

• *summer*
    *summer*

It has always been considered "normal" for an older man to date a much younger woman.

Why the fuss about a young man dating an older woman?

Live and let live...

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

sacalton:

I'm 41.

My wife is 27.

you just gave me hope. (also 41)

Snakes ()

• babygirl75
    babygirl75
    it's their business, and if it makes you feel sick; YOU have a problem

It's an opinion!!!!!!!!!! YOU apparently have a problem with those that don't agree with how you think!

All of you that think it's their business....Would you want a 40 some yr old woman dating your teenage son?? I highly doubt it!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is the key: If you are both willing to adapt, age difference should not be a barrier. Having one partner much older or younger than the other is really no different than having partners from two different cultures--the older is going to have to put up with the younger's tastes in music and entertainment and relative inexperience, but aside that, I don't see any major problems.

There is one exception. If the younger one is still a child, and the older one is initiating the use of force, coercion, or fraud to get a consent out of the child, that is a major problem. And that is especially true when the victim is told to shut up about it or get disfellowshipped for "slander".

• distazo
    distazo

it's quite obvious. If a wife is a lot older than her husband, and sex, plays no role, it's no problem.

Unfortunately, most guys love sex, and how she looks for the eye.

If she's in menopauze, but the guy 'wants', say, 3x a week, what do you think what will happen then? He must be very patient then...

The other way around (man older than the wife), the problem is a lot less obvious.

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

IMO there should be a double standard that remains, its ok for boys but Not ok for girls. ...I wish ppl would mind thier own goddam business. If Kirk Douglas did what he did today his teacher would have gone to jail...

Kirk Douglas:

"I had been a ragamuffin kid of 15 coping with a neighbourhood filled with gangs. Under my teacher’s guidance I became a different person. I am eternally grateful. "By today’s standards she would have gone to jail. I had no idea we were doing something wrong. Did she?" The ‘Spartacus’ actor also romanced a "big, tall blonde" airline stewardess who loved being "disciplined" in bed. In the height of passion, she would scream "I’m a Nazi!" which was Kirk’s cue to slap her. While enjoying an active sex life, Kirk insists he did have some morals about love. When he was seduced by a wealthy girl one summer, he refused to take the relationship any further because he was more interested in her Cadillac."

I would also have been "Eternally grateful" if I had sex with my teacher at 14 or 15 and she was who cares how old. In terms of a relationship live and learn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit