Is age just a number? 30 year difference between partners....

by LouBelle 46 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

A collegue of mine, a mother of 19 year old twins is distressed. Her one son has been going out with an older women (this came to light when the other twin was sick and tired of all the lying going on) The truth is that the older women turns out to be her very good friend, who is now 49 years old. Let's call her Madam X.

Madam X is a very '"sweet"" woman - I know her, as I used to work with her. I say "sweet" in that she's ditzy, can have a laugh with her, but the honest to god truth is that there is no substance to her. She's all about the outside package and hasn't devoted much to any other knowledge. Look she's attractive enough, in good shape and I'm sure there are men/boys that truly find that package appealing.

Madam X went behind her friends' back and started a relationship with the then 17 year old. Mum is furious. Madam X says she's in love with the son, and he claims the same feelings for her..... At 30 years' difference could there be a serious relationship? Could he provide for her on all levels, or is it just about the sex?

I'll admit I've been very attracted to younger men ( 10 years younger than me ) but never persued a relationship.

So is age just a number and doesn't make a difference when you're in love? Or are there certain limits one should set. People say you can't help who you fall in love with ....

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Hi Loubelle

My friends and I always subscribe to the "half plus 7" rule - ie the maximum difference in age for a couple is half the age of the older person plus 7 years (in my case as a the 30 year old, the youngeast man I could date is 22 - I am not sure where this came from - but it seems to be a pretty good rule of thumb for age differences!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

17 years old...and a 47 year old woman? that's just sick. She is a sexual predator.

lisa

• Satanus
    Satanus

She sounds like a self centered scammer, the kid was an easy target.

S

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

That is pretty bad...that would be jail time over here.....he is under age.

Myself I have family with a 10 difference, its hard to say what the right age is...I think 5 is reasonable..

I no a couple with 27 yrs difference got married a month after us...she sorta grew up with my husband and is my age.

I think is was a last minute thing......they are still married...

h40

• oompa
    oompa

Age does have to matter at some point, but it matters much less if both people are older. For instance, a great friend of mine at age 50 divorced and he re-married a delicious 30 year old lady. They made a great couple for 18 years, and ya, she kept him young (the lucky ba$tard)....till he died of a massive heart attack. They really made a great couple though. But at 19 even 29 and for sure 39 is just not a good idea imo.........oompa

• misguided
    misguided

Although I find this age difference somewhat disturbing personally...

I know someone who is 18 years younger than his wife. He is a high school teacher. He's 60 now, and she's 78...they've been married over 30 years. They're kind of cute when you see them together.

He always says to me...it''s not about the age of life...it's about the stage of life. I suppose it can work???.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Don't knock it. Before I was a JW, I had my share with older women and it's damn nice. The things they can teach a young man is pure bliss.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

nobody's business but theirs

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    Don't knock it. Before I was a JW, I had my share with older women and it's damn nice. The things they can teach a young man is pure bliss.

Would you feel different if it was your 17yr old daughter and a 47 yr old man? lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit