Is age just a number? 30 year difference between partners....

by LouBelle 46 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I know some people may be mature for their age and have a good understanding of life, perhaps even more so than people much older than them.

sacolton - I'm sure the young guy is in it just for the sex and the stunning, expensive gifts she showers on him.....If this Madam X was having a fling....so be it, but to say she is in love with him etc, isn't she robbing him of life experience in the long run.

Edited to add in: Satanus he thinks he's in love with her and wants to spend his life with her..

I'm not too sure of this myself, just putting **my** thoughts across.

• Satanus
    Satanus

"I'm sure the young guy is in it just for the sex and the stunning, expensive gifts she showers on him."

W that additional info, it seems that the guy is being treated treated pretty good. If it's just sex, it will probably just run for a while. In that case, the guy would not be deprived long term. Rather, he may be learning and getting some valuable experience. Just my thoughts.

S

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I think this situation could be called Nunya.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

It really isn't anyone's business now, but it certainly was the business of the boy's parents two years ago. One thing about it, even if they get married and live happily ever after, it won't last that long. She'll go into a nursing home or die in 20 or 30 years, and he'll still be young enough to marry again and start a family.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Age is just a number...but the age difference can affect the relationship after some time.

My first husband was almost 14 years older than me. It worked out fine when I was 19 (when we got married) but the older I got and the older he got, It became apparent how different our interest & views were.

It's hard to make a relationship work with a huge age difference, but then again many people do it. Just don't think I could again. My husband now is just 2 1/2 yrs older than me. We have much more in common.

A 49 yr old woman has no business IMO dating a 17 yr old!! That's just sick!!!

• IMHO
    IMHO

Age IS just a number. As has been said previously - it's their business, and if it makes you feel sick; YOU have a problem.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I am 28. My wife is 45. She graduated high school when I was not even 1 year old! We met when I had just turned 21. We have been married 5 years, all of them good.

Speaking from experience I can say that it's not how old you are, it's how young you F**k!

LOL!!!

- Wing Commander

• K.Matthews
    K.Matthews

As soon as my dad got rid of me and my mother he started dating a girl that's two years older than me. He's 45 years old, she's 20. Yeah that's normal.

• Galileo
    Galileo

It's hard enough getting through this life. If they're making each other happy, I say good for them. Maybe it's a mistake, but if it is, it's their mistake to make.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

"Look she's attractive enough, in good shape and I'm sure there are men/boys that truly find that package appealing."

While it's no one's business if they are adults, your comment quoted above maybe indicates she's worked hard to stay looking good, and this is the reward! A fit, attractive woman is an appealing package at any age, especially here in the States where most middle aged women are fat, flabby and unappealing - to me at least. But considering the same is true of guys, they at least have each other, though I wonder what the sex life is like for the out of shape middle aged.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit