My seperation/Divorce up-date. Un-believable what she wants!

by Witness 007 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    This is JWD. You only need hear the posters side of an issue, believe it immediately without question, then lick your lips and {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{cuddle}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} the poster until they vibrate with self-esteem.

When I got divorced I got a few cuddles, but not from my lawyer. All things considered, the lawyer's approach was much more effective, financially and for my self esteem.

I didn't vibrate though.

W

• whitman
    whitman

007 - it's a very crappy situation you are in. It's great that you can de-brief and get some perspective by posting here. Proabably a good idea not to let yourself get too isolated while you are going through this.

Please get a legal-eagle on the case. I'm not sure if you are aware of legislation in Australia about restraining orders and apprehended violence orders..... - it's pretty darn scary if you are the man on the receiving end of one of these. Police have to take any report seriously and unfortunately you don't get to prove your innocence until a court date - and while you are waiting for that to happen a lot of things can be done without you being able to intervene on your own behalf. Honestly, I had a friend in a similiar situation when he and his wife decided to seperate - it destroyed him.

Protect yourself - not just the financial stuff, but protect yourself legally so that she can't pull a nasty stunt on you. Lawyers and police tend to advice women of these options so please be cautious.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

This thread is laughable.

To recap the list of horrible crimes the "mental patient" is supposed to have committed:

She went to school to update her skills.

She got a part time job

Then she got a full time job

She got a separate bank account for her money.

She gets her hair, makeup and nails done with her money.

She would like to start her own business.

She wants to go to Europe.

She would like you to dress a little better when you go out.

Oh my freaking God! Yes call the cops and get their advice! She is obviously a materialistic user who is just looking for an opportunity to "shank" you!

What a "monster"! Oh the horror! I can't believe how most of the posters just jumped right on the bandwagon to villify the "crazy bitch".

The only "crime" I see here is that she asked you for a separation and you are pissed as hell!

Cog

ps: This list also perfectly describes me, so I guess I must be a crazy, materialistic bitch just waiting for a chance to shank my husband too.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Cog,

What a "monster"! Oh the horror! I can't believe how most of the posters just jumped right on the bandwagon to villify the "crazy bitch".

Never underestimate the emotional blinkers worn by the {{{{{{{{{{Cuddly Club}}}}}}}}}}.

HS

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

007 when you get a lawyer you are gonna be shocked at what he/she tells you

ql

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Cog:

She would like you to dress a little better when you go out.

Now that's just obscene!

W

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

GET A LAWYER!!! Yes, I meant to yell.

She's kookoo.

• yknot
    yknot

I think his point was...... that she wants out, but at the same time she doesn't have a good financial grasp of the implications of a divorce. That he feels she is acting very immaturely and unrealistically.... all the while not appreciating the sacrifices & efforts he has made for them to have a decent life....... He needs a little appreciation and TLC instead of being the butt of her "ain't good nuff" list.

She wants him to more or less just leave with himself, clothing, & male toiletries but occassionally financially help her out on top of her retaining the house and it's contents.

Not that I am in a position to judge....I have thrown my share of fits, acted like a spoiled brat, and totally lost my sense of financial reality. ... It happens when a woman's husband handles most of the financial aspect of their lives..... lives that are based on two incomes not just one.

That is why I handle things for 6 months and then he handles things for 6 months now..... but seeing how I live in a paternal good ole boy state... I still pout if I really want something!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Wow Cog! Did you spend ALL the budget on yourself so that there was no money for bills?? Is this normal for women to do? Blow two pay checks in afew days, and then I have to scrounge around to make things work. This has caused many fights and discussions to no avail. She does not ever apreciate the fact that I worked my ass off for her and all I get is her aroggant rude attitude. This week we ran out of food because of her spending {I get $1,590 a fortnight and she makes $390 a week which does not cover HER clothes make-up etc.....she just rang me at work what do you think she wanted? To "borrow" some cash since she doesn't have enough for her bills, whats new.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Wow Cog! Did you spend ALL the budget on yourself so that there was no money for bills?? Is this normal for women to do? Blow two pay checks in afew days, and then I have to scrounge around to make things work. This has caused many fights and discussions to no avail. She does not ever apreciate the fact that I worked my ass off for her and all I get is her aroggant rude attitude. This week we ran out of food because of her spending {I get $1,590 a fortnight and she makes $390 a week which does not cover HER clothes make-up etc.....she just rang me at work what do you think she wanted? To "borrow" some cash since she doesn't have enough for her bills, whats new.

Terrible. I don't know how I could deal with that. My wife is very frugal, hardworking. I am lucky I guess. Here is hoping that you resolve your problems as painlessly as possible. BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit