Christians: I would like an answer, please.

by changeling 120 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

I should apologize to changeling for crashing her cute little christian thread. I think I'm going to bed.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

By the way, do you get on your knees to bow?

Keep dreaming, lol. And yes you should be sorry, you made me banter into a totally off topic highjack. So sorry Changeling. Back to the answers from christians.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Changeling,

I have to laugh. I post my view on hell, as you asked, and you have ignored it. Why? Does it not match your presuppositions of what you believe Christians believe? That is why I told you to go to the source, the Bible. Not the originals, as has been incorrectly and smugly assumed I meant. Therefore based on the fact that you have ignored my response that despite your protestations to the contrary you are looking for a specific view that you can harp on, and claim that Christians are hypocritical. That, my dear, is hypocrisy and you reek of it. How typical of the atheist.

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Change, I don't think it matters what I believe. I just know that Jesus said, "He that is not with me, is against me." I think that sums it up.

• startingover
    startingover

This is a very telling thread. Why is it so hard for christians to say what they know they teach, "Oh but there are so many types of christians, it's those others you are talking about" What a load of BS!

As has been pointed out you are exactly like the JW's. Deep inside you know how it sounds so you just can't say it although it is the main thing your belief system revolved around. Hypocrites!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

This is a very telling thread. Why is it so hard for christians to say what they know they teach, "Oh but there are so many types of christians, it's those others you are talking about" What a load of BS!

What are you smoking? Several here said exactly what they believe and what they believe is in accordance with mainstream Christianity and not the fringes. I even provided documentation of the largest Christian denomination. What is really telling is that these get ignored because you are waiting for the "Y'all fags gonna burn in Haaaaaillllll!". Which is what you want to hear because it will confirm your bigoted, prejudiced stereotype of what a Christian believes. You want to define the entire religion by a "fundamentalist" fringe. You actually believe the "Landover Baptist" caricature and think it applies to an entire religious tradition of 2 billion human beings.

As has been pointed out you are exactly like the JW's. Deep inside you know how it sounds so you just can't say it although it is the main thing your belief system revolved around. Hypocrites!

I am nothing like a JW. Your blind accusation is what is JW-like. You seem to need us that have left JWism and embraced a different spiritual path labeled "Christian" to seem exactly like what you left because you do not want to consider any other possibilty. You come across prejudiced and hateful and narrowminded. BTS

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

In Kentucky we don't sugar coat the gospel, I will tell it like it is.

According to the teachings of my church as taught from the King James bible, unless you accept Christ as your saviour before you die, then Hell is your eternal doom.

• Mrs. Witness
    Mrs. Witness

Change, Good thread.

I'd like to weigh in with this thought...the other night I was trying to get hubby to understand that by their teachings, JW's are condeming people to death when they introduce their doctrine at the door and the householder rejects it (if I understand right, you have a chance at surviving the big A if you "don't know") and he wouldn't follow my logic. I have a name for that type of denial and most JW's and Christians fall back on this when you show them how barbaric their beliefs are. The name is "Intentionally Obtuse". Christians know exactly what they believe and as an earlier poster said, they don't want to say it out loud because it either sounds silly or horrible!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    In Kentucky we don't sugar coat the gospel, I will tell it like it is.

According to the teachings of my church as taught from the King James bible, unless you accept Christ as your saviour before you die, then Hell is your eternal doom.

So some born and raised Hindu in India that has never heard of Christ is automatically doomed? Or a Muslim in Afghanistan?

How is this just of God?

Written by that "dreadful fellow" Paul:

Timothy 4:10

(and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.

BTS

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Burn the Ships, unlike the Watchtower Society that has an answer for everything, I don't have an answer for that or alot of other things. I have asked this question before from certain christians at work, but I don't remember how they replied.

My church is pretty much a "tell it like it is' church. There is no sugar coating, no keeping up appearances, we don't obsessively worry what non-believers think about our church. We try to live by the bible, but at the same time, we don't go out of our way to make things look different than what they really are. For me this was a breath of fresh air after leaving the JW's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit