Christians: I would like an answer, please.

by changeling 120 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Let's suppose that that your god has the final say, but, according to your beliefs, will a willfull, unrepentant atheist go to heaven or hell?

According to what I believe if a person that rejects God with full knowledge and assent of the will, he/she recieves what he/she chooses, and that is to be separated from God and those that have chosen Him, that place is Hell.Such a person goes to Hell. If you are such a person you are going to hell. However, as a human being I am not able to judge whether such a person is going to hell, only God can know this.

Did I answer the question plainly enough for you?

I hit my post limit on this one.

Good night.

BTS

• changeling
    changeling

Thank you burn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, was that so hard?

Good night, sleep tight!

changeling :)

• changeling
    changeling

Not so fast buster! You already damned me to hell and I'm cool with that! LOL

Edited to say: Your last post made me feel like you threw a cold glass of water on me in the middle of an orgasm!

• Satanus
    Satanus

You mean, a drop of water while roasting in the flames?

S

• carla
    carla

But then you must define 'hell'. Hell has different meanings to different people. Some say it is a seperation from God and that is a hell when you are very conscious of what you are missing, others say it is a real fire & brimstone, & personal torture devoid of anything else or any other consciousness. There are a few other beliefs as well. Some think whey you die you are given 'information' and are given a choice to make for yourself.

My jw asks me your question all the time, I do not believe a loving God would punish those who were spiritually abused (I believe jw's are spiritually abused along with all the other abuses) in His name for all eternity. Just like when people were boiled in oil (pick your torture) for not believing and say a child saw their parent tortured to death, that child in all likelihood is not going to like this god who required such an evil act in his name.Who requires evil deeds to instill loyalty. I do not believe God works that way. If God is our Father and we are made in His likeness, He could not treat His children who were abused and cannot believe through no fault of their own. And no, I have no scriptures for you to back up my opinion, that's all it is, an opinion that in the big scheme of life makes no difference one way or another. Besides, I no longer do scriptural volleyball! Ha, been there, done that!

As for Christianity as a whole - just because you stand in a garage it doesn't make you an automobile does it? (not my quote-can't remember where from)

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I guess I'm gonna roast in hell right in between changeling and fruedianslip... I could deal with that, lol!

Seriously, XJW4EVR said to check the original writings...

My response.. there are no original writings.. all we have are copies... and what is canonized is what an "apostate" church council decided a couple of hundred years after the fact....

hmmmm..... so do you have the originals? They must be worth a bundle on Ebay!

A@G

• changeling
    changeling

I'd love to do tea with you Robdar!

FYI: "christianity" and reincarnation are incompatible. You'll have to make a choice. Maybe you're afraid to say "I'm not christian"?

• free2beme
    free2beme

As a person who follows a more Pagan path, I might not be the one you are looking for in this answer .... however, I know I am right.

Christians will let you repent at any moment and be saved. No limit!

It just drives them so dam nuts that what I just wrote is true.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Your last post made me feel like you threw a cold glass of water on me in the middle of an orgasm Your last post made me feel like you threw a cold glass of water on me in the middle of an orgasm!

That sounds like something interesting to try. ;-)

• Robdar
    Robdar
    FYI: "christianity" and reincarnation are incompatible. You'll have to make a choice. Maybe you're afraid to say "I'm not christian"?

Bah! You are thinking about the fundies.

There are several scriptures that point towards reincarnation. Maybe I'll look them up for you when I'm not feeling so lazy.

The Bible is actually a cool book if you don't try to interpret literally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit