Christians: I would like an answer, please.

by changeling 120 Replies latest jw friends

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

It's been said that Bible teaches that there are two places where human souls may go after death. Actually, that statement is not 100% true. In the book of Ecclesiastes, one finds no concept or notion of any post-death existence or "afterlife." The dead are spoken of as being utterly unconscious in regard to everything. They know nothing. They feel nothing. They are aware of nothing at all. In fact, the whole idea of an afterlife developed quite late in Jewish thought/philosophy.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

My only comment:

Fascinating to see how some have complex, nuanced thoughts while others have simple, clear-cut definitions.

• changeling
    changeling

Thank you Junction Guy!

To all others: Sugar coat is a much as you want, or hide it among huge amounts text, or put it in God's hands and wash yours, the fact is, with the exception of JW's, religions that call themselves "christian" believe in two outcomes in the afterlife: heaven or hell (Catholics throw in purgatory).

They teach that to go to heaven one must be above all else be a "believer", and depending on the particular religion there are other requirements as well. Logically then, an "unbeliever", like myself, is, by the teachings of these religions, going to hell. Even Junction Guy is able to grasp this concept.

Not being able to "spell it out" is very revealing. I think for some it shows "good manners", they don't want to offend. For others it shows that they desire one to be attracted to their religion (because they feel our eternal wellbeing is at stake) and so do not want to frighten us off with the bad stuff.

For others, I'm afraid, it's self-delusion; they cannot face that their religion is in fact based on a "do as I say, or else" premise.Which brings us right back to the origen of this thread, which was nvr's thread asking if there is a christian based faith that is not based an a punitive action.

I think nvr's and my questions have all been answered.

Let there be no missunderstanding: I am not worried or ambivalent about my outcome. Also, I am not opposed to anyone else's beliefs. I simply do not like nor comprehend how so many people do not understand the very nature of their beliefs and what the imply, and my thread was meant to point that out.

Thank you!

changeling:)

• oompa
    oompa

If i do fry changeling....i hope i get some cajun spices on me.............oompa

• changeling
    changeling

I want to be boiled in "crab boil".

Where've you been dude?

changeling :)

• Robdar
    Robdar
    To all others: Sugar coat is a much as you want, or hide it among huge amounts text, or put it in God's hands and wash yours, the fact is, with the exception of JW's, religions that call themselves "christian" believe in two outcomes in the afterlife: heaven or hell (Catholics throw in purgatory).

They teach that to go to heaven one must be above all else be a "believer", and depending on the particular religion there are other requirements as well. Logically then, an "unbeliever", like myself, is, by the teachings of these religions, going to hell. Even Junction Guy is able to grasp this concept.

Not being able to "spell it out" is very revealing. I think for some it shows "good manners", they don't want to offend. For others it shows that they desire one to be attracted to their religion (because they feel our eternal wellbeing is at stake) and so do not want to frighten us off with the bad stuff.

For others, I'm afraid, it's self-delusion; they cannot face that their religion is in fact based on a "do as I say, or else" premise.Which brings us right back to the origen of this thread, which was nvr's thread asking if there is a christian based faith that is not based an a punitive action.

I think nvr's and my questions have all been answered.

Let there be no missunderstanding: I am not worried or ambivalent about my outcome. Also, I am not opposed to anyone else's beliefs. I simply do not like nor comprehend how so many people do not understand the very nature of their beliefs and what the imply, and my thread was meant to point that out.

Thank you!

changeling:)

Funny.

Changeling, you ask us what we believe and then, if we don't beat you up, you accuse us of sugar coating or, as you did with me, accuse us of being afraid of admitting that we are not Christian.

You asked us and we told you. But you do not accept our answers. Since you know so much about what I/we believe, why did you ask me/us? This thread hasnt been a conversation. It's been a monologue (disguised as a conversation) of a non believer telling believers what they believe.

Just what, exactly, did you want to accomplish with this thread? A fight?

May I suggest you take a class or two of kung fu? It might help get it out of your system.

Respectfully,

Robyn

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I simply do not like nor comprehend how so many people do not understand the very nature of their beliefs and what the imply, and my thread was meant to point that out.

How very condescending. I understand the nature of my beliefs, or else I would not hold them. I believe the same is true of the others here that have answered your question. If anyone here has demonstrated that they do not understand, it is you. Not because you can't, but because you refuse to. But fire away Changeling, you are convincing no Christian here, as has been pointed out by several. The only one here you are convincing is yourself. You are trying to validate a narrow-minded opinion and despite the fact that the answers disprove them you refuse to consider any alternatives, or apparently even to read them.

BTS

• changeling
    changeling

Robyn: I did not ignore any answers and I am not looking for a fight. I was looking for plain and simple answers in return for my plain and simple question. JG is the only one who supplied it (burns did as well and then back peddaled).

My comments about "sugar coating" and such were simply observations of the type of answers received.

Peace,

• caliber
    caliber

I

was looking for plain and simple answers in return for my plain and simple question. JG is the only one who supplied it (burns did as well and then back peddaled).I was looking for plain and simple answers in return for my plain and simple question.

I also gave my simple answer death ( hight-lighted in yellow ) My plain and simple questions is.... why was there a need

for you to know ? You have no faith in the answer given anyway . What was your purpose ?

Caliber

• changeling
    changeling

Caliber: if your answer was "death" then I guess you are still a JW. All other christian denominations teach hellfire for unbelievers.

I actually agree with you, by the way. Death is the end result for all us us.

My purpose: to highlight that many so called christians either don't know or can't face or don't understand the implications of their beliefs. I'm sorry, I thought my purpose was obvious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit