Christians: I would like an answer, please.

by changeling 120 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Some of the people at the church I used to go to said that you would suffer in hell in that you would be forever separated from God.

Suffering separation from God was likened to the torment of burning alive forever.

It's supposed to be that horrible.

They never said where you would go to suffer such a fate.

I guess there were some that don't buy into the literal hellfire.

Anyone else hear of this?

Sure, a lot of people don't buy into a literal hellfire, myself included.

BTS

• BFD
    BFD

Sorry, Burnsy, you mis-quoted me. Never said that.

BFD

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Hey BFD, I was answering Changeling's post:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/163211/3022706/post.ashx#3022706

I removed "BFD" from the quote box in order to avoid confusion.

BTS

• changeling
    changeling

Caliber: I never told you or anyone else what they "must" believe. I do however, know what the mainstream christian churches teach. I figured you belonged to one of them. If you did, than you would be being taught that after death people's souls go to either heaven or hell.

I did not figure into the equation that some who call themselves christian adopt their own set of beleifs. This is a new and interesting concept to me, honestly.

changeling :)

• BFD
    BFD

Thanks, Burns.

I tried to edit my post after I saw that but keep getting an error.

For the record I am a dontreallygiveashitist.

BFD

• changeling
    changeling

Heaven or hell, burns. If you are a mainstream christian, make no mistake, these are your options. Ask your priest.

• changeling
    changeling

BFD: I'm one step above you. I worship the god of Sunday brunch!

• caliber
    caliber
    I never told you or anyone else what they "must" believe

Heaven or hell, burns

So all good Catholic must believe in burning Hell........ but remember I didn't tell you what you must believe right !

Caliber

• changeling
    changeling

Burns professes to be Catholic. I pointed out the teachings of the Catholic church. It stands to reason that he believes what his church of choice teaches as truth. If not, what is he doing there? If his priest knew that he was wishy washy on the hell thingy he'd send him to say a few hail Mary's or something.

I don't see how you can have it both ways, join mainstream christianity but make up your own rules.

At least you have your own brand of religion, caliber.

This is an interesting and unexpected turn to this thread

• BFD
    BFD

Even though I am a reallydontgiveashitist now I was born and bapitsed Roman Catholic before the silly dub-tub I took when I was barely a teenager.

If there really is anything to Christianity, when I die I will use the doubting Thomas defense and let Him take it from there. I just try to be a good person and love my fellow man. End of story.

BFD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit