Anyone see Criss Angel walk on water last night on A&E?

by sweetstuff 42 Replies latest social entertainment

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

I didn't see it, where can I see it??? Probably have to wait until it comes up on Utube. I saw the one with sawing the girl in half, I was freaked out.

Velvet

• Gerard
    Gerard

Tricks make such illusions. Remember it is a HOLLIWOOD production, not a conference by the Smithsonian Museum.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    Remember it is a HOLLIWOOD production, not a conference by the Smithsonian Museum.

Thank you for clarifying that. It is just interesting to try to get how its done, that was my point.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

That one was planned a little better than the steamroller one, which was totally obvious as to where they put the foam down....

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I didn't see that show........

Anyway, a guy who works for Criss Angel, family lives in this area. It's legit, since I know his friends. Well on my birthday, my friends and I went out, this "guy" was there(god I can't remember his name) he comes up to me asking me if he can buy me a B-day drink. Time went on of him bragging about how great he is and he could blow my mind, he offered me a little personal show - not that kind of show!

1st he told me to pull out my pocket change purse and count my money.

Then I was asked to give him a dollar bill and rip off the corner - meanwhile his hands were touching nothing and in the air the whole time.

As we memorized the bill(memorizing the digits), he asked me to put the corner that I ripped off in a safe place, so I put in in my bra(ha ha ha).

Now he told my friend to hold the closed change purse with both hands - he still touched nothing.

Then he asked me for the rest of the dollar bill, taking a lighter burned it right in front of me, then takes the burning ash, as he is telling my friend to open the purse a little - puts the ash in his mouth and blows smoke into the purse.

I reach in my purse and pull out the ripped dollar bill. I hold it in front of me saying, "funny that this dollar bill is different and the numbers are off." I told him that my numbers on the corner said B8172 and the full number was B81726516B and the dollar bill that magically reappeared says 26516B and the 2 shouldn't have been there.

Thinking I had him, he told me to check the corner - I swear to god(if there is one) the corner was now saying B 817. Illusion or not, it was F'ed up.

Mad that I was, the pure anger got to me as I did not understand how he did it - played with my mind thinking I looked at the dollar wrong? It was weird and I was on my first drink, therefore i wasn't tipsy at the time.

Then he asked if I wanted to see another trick - I told him to disappear.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Wow, that is a pretty cool story WhyAmI...I wish I was there with ya! This is what my thread was all about, things you cannot explain and cannot figure out!

• knock knock
    knock knock

You're better off being mystified by it. If you knew how it was done then the magic ceases to be magical and becomes a "trick" and that's no fun to watch.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Thanks, dawg, for the video.

• trevor
    trevor

Derren Brown the English illusionist is a great favorite of mine. I have a number of his DVDs and his recent book, 'Tricks of the mind.'

He carries out seances, messages from the dead, readings, mind readings, past-life regression and all the other hokum pokum that is passed of as of 'the spirit world.' He is so good that the psychics believe he is real and better than them.

Yet he is adamant that it is all an illusion. He often explains how he creates these illusions. Education at its best.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Hmm, I'll have to check that guy out Trevor. Thanks for the tip.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit