Anyone see Criss Angel walk on water last night on A&E?

by sweetstuff 42 Replies latest social entertainment

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Ok, I'm not a person who takes what I see on tv as "real" but that was pretty darn mind blowing. The guy walked on the Hoover Dam lake, people were coming into the water, checking out the water underneath him to make sure he wasn't walking on something and it appeared he was not. Holy crap, I watched in complete disbelieve yet thinking, how could you pull that off as an illusion?

• White Dove
    White Dove

Make sure those people checking to make sure it's real are in on the gag, and have a platform under you like Jesus Cat had so you can run across the water.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

LOL, well I thought of that as well White Dove, did you see the show?

• ataloa
    ataloa

I saw that or one similar last year. It blew my mind too. It really appeared that there was nothing in the water. But I kept wondering, why are his jeans so long; why go in the water with very long pants on?

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    But I kept wondering, why are his jeans so long; why go in the water with very long pants on?

Very good point.

• dawg
    dawg

I also saw him pull a lady in half on a street corner... do you believe that really happened? Of course not!

I've been ghost hunting the last 6 years, I just wanted to see if there was anything behind it. I've never seen crap; this doesn't prove they don't exist but I've yet top see conclusive evidence, I believe in the "atomic theory" but I've never seen an atom, but my reasons for believing in this is because it has been proven as a working model, bombs have been made using this theory.

I bring up ghosts because I saw something on the Sci-fi channel that tweaked my fancy; it was a ghost looking over the edge of a rail on a lighthouse. Is it real? If no one is in on the hoax it is, but I can't confirm this. Makes one have to ask, (begs the question)as to why there's never been confirmed proof of a ghost if they are real? Why haven't I seen one when I can observe everything else in this life, or at least have proof other things I can't see are real (atoms). See ghost video below...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhS_pKSRNv4

Simple fact, man is atomically heavier than water... man will sink and not be able to walk on water. In short, don't believe what you see on TV, the girl he pulled apart was certainly in on that hoax. Your questions are similar to mine concerning ghosts, it's TV after all.

By the way, that ghost video scares the hell out of me real or not.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

plexiglas + audience confederates (that is the old-school term for people in on the trick. I don't usually like the word confederate. haha)

The long pants aren't necessary for the trick, but if he had on shorts, the above-mentioned plexiglas trickery would be easier to imagine. The pants aid in the illusion; they assist in suspending reality, in creating the "magic."

Dude is a goth/alternative hipster hack, but I can't hate. He is in his own lane. Most of his tricks are old school tricks. But there are some real things he does, just like David Blaine with those endurance challenges, etc. Criss' mother is very upset with him about that part of his act. haha.

• Layla33
    Layla33

It's an illusion. But it is great. Once you understand how the mind works, you can trick the brain to think things that are necessarily happening. I do enjoy watching too.

• *summer*
    *summer*

Goodness, yes I did!!! Illusion or not, I was beyond myself.

Or when he made the middle section of the girl disappear!!! Yikes!!!

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

That's kind of what I meant, it was just really cool to watch it, and try to figure out how it was done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit