suicide and explosion at Kingdom Hall on Sat. July 27

by kool aid man06 157 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

I don't see what's insensitive about wanting to rebuild the building. One could just as easily say "some guy committted suicide, and all you're worried about doing is smearling the jw's." Something to think about.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    "some guy committted suicide, and all you're worried about doing is smearling the jw's."

You have a point, John Doe. But it's these sensational events that cause the otherwise complacent community

to open their eyes and see how harmful and truly uncaring JWs actually are. Studies I've seen on the net show

that mental illnesses are at a higher percentage among JWs than normal. Why is this? What practices do they

have that may contribute to this? What doctrines like allowing your child to die rather than allow a blood transfusion

causes such anguish that the result is severe doubt and depression? What does being raised as a "weirdo" religious

kid do to the psyches of these children. What sadness and pain and suffering and humiliation and alienation results

because of the practice of shunning? These are legitimate questions that may never come to the fore if it weren't for

events such as this tragedy.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I haven't followed this case in detail, but how do they know that it was a self-inflicted gun shot? Could it be a murder made to look like suicide?

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

The latest report (according to media sources) is that the man poured some accelerant in the KH, ignited it, then shot himself.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I'm reading a lot of hearsay in this thread. "lashon ha-ra"

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

http://www.kansascity.com/679/story/727229.html

Authorities today disclosed the identity of the man who died in a Saturday explosion and fire at a Jehovah’s Witnesses hall near Bates City.

Authorities said Ralph E. Phillips, 53, of Buckner died of what they believe was a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Officials have concluded that accelerant had been poured throughout the hall and then ignited.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The act was deliberate and calculated

The brother was an ELDER

The brother had some emotional problems

he took his own life with the aim of taking out the Kingdom Hall

• John Doe
    John Doe

Sorry to hear that stila. Was he your friend?

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Thanks, stilla!!!!!!

Any answers as to why????

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The congreagtion was totally subdued and in shock but as the week has progressed the demeanour has improved

The Brother was Assigned to the Oak Grove congregation

Bethel is heavily involved and decreed that the dedication proceeds

(sorry all I still do not know the name of the invited Bethel Speaker - dont think it is GB)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit