suicide and explosion at Kingdom Hall on Sat. July 27

by kool aid man06 157 Replies latest jw friends

• kool aid man06
    kool aid man06

The suicide of this Elder Jehovah's Witness was certainly a tragic event. What happened in Bates City speaks volumes to all of us who have left the organization. Sad to say those not knowing who Jehovah's Witnesses really are can only extract that another person died by way of suicide. Tonight, Saturday August 2, we will be talking more about this live on the conference call. We will be updating the latest information from callers who live in the Bates City area. "Lady Zombie", who lives in this area and posts on this board is going to try to fill us in on the very latest developments.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Is this connected to the Canadian bus passenger decapitation?

• flipper
    flipper

I agree 110 % with Lady Zombie on this one that it truly shows the insensitivity of the Jehovah's Witness organization in continuing to rebuild this hall and dedicate it so soon after such an extreme tragedy happened at the same location. It is showing dishonor to the surviving family, the witness aquaintances this man had , any non-witness relatives , and basically the ground this man gets buried in won't even have a chance to let the dirt get fresh- so to speak ! It's disgusting and hideous behavior ! Is anybody taking bets on which will come first ? This deceased man's Memorial service , or the dedication of the Kingdom Hall ? I don't even want to take odds on that bet. Once again the Watchtower, Bible and Prick Society strikes again ! Just like clockwork. Sick

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yah, non jws might have a moment of silence in observation of a comrade that passed. What a cold and unfeeling corp the wt is.

S

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

I had a tense moment talking to my mother about this. This will also illustrate the typical JW mentality.

My father went on Friday to the site to see if he could help on the rebuild. My mother called me late Friday afternoon to tell me that he had come home worn out from the heat. I asked her about any developments and what the scuttlebutt was. She told me that Bethel had directed that the dedication next weekend would go on as planned. Several things she said made me want to vomit. For instance,

"Well, the Society wants the hall rebuilt. It will send a fine witness in the community that Jehovah's Witnesses will not let tragedy discourage us."

on the man himself. "He was depressed. That's why he did it."

Ok, true. But why did he become depressed? What was happening in his life? How long had it been going on. I received,

"He just was."

I kept bringing up quesions for her in order to try to get her to pause and consider the situation. Nada. Just like the well-programmed JW she is, she turned off any thought processes that would make her think about it beyond what the bOrg wants her to employ. She didn't get past "the society says......"

Finally, with annoyance in her voice, she snapped "why are you so upset about this?!"

I'm sure the members of that congregation are greatly grieved and upset, but ultimately, their compassion and humanity will be overshadowed by the WT machine.

• flipper
    flipper

LADY ZOMBIE- Your mom is a perfect example of how these people are SO mind controlled by the Watchtower Society. I can only imagine this was very frustrating for you talking with her about this situation. I do hope they have the man's memorial service before the dedication talk. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Notmeanymore
    Notmeanymore

This obviously happened many years ago. I knew Ed personally and can confirm he was an active MS at the time. This was <2 weeks before the KH dedication.

• Notmeanymore
    Notmeanymore

The reason why this happened is known. The mental health issues were not new. There were also extensive family dynamic involved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit