suicide and explosion at Kingdom Hall on Sat. July 27

by kool aid man06 157 Replies latest jw friends

• DJK
    DJK

I can see it now; A flaming apparition appears during every Sunday talk. koool

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

So what details do we have of the poor guy who killed himself? What was his name, position in the congregation, and reason for doing what he did?

• sadfox
    sadfox

beksbks: thanks for the welcome. I still feel guilty talking about this. I mean I love my parents deeply and obviously I would give my life for my girls, so that is where the guilt comes in when discussing the hurt, confusion and well basically the lie I feel I led all those years.

mcsemike: I have not been thru the horror you have been thru. My father was an elder until just recently his health caused him to step down. I have had discussions on the subject of pedophiles and the like with him and how they are instructed to handle it. I have asked do they report it to authorities. He told me it depends on state laws. I asked what that meant, why wouldn't you want to put a stop to something like that. I don't believe he ever gave me an answer. Yet the Witnesses are the first to blast catholic priests for this crime. But you and I both know that it goes on in their organization as well. I bet there is not a religion out of the 1200+ religions in this country that don't experience these problems, and I would bet the cover up goes on in each situation.

How do I get by without my kids? I can go to their weddings, but not the reception, I can go to graduation, but not have a party for them. I can be there for the birth of my grandkids, but they may or may not let them spend time with me. I am so trying to trust in God and the one or two very special friends (I consider them angels since the saved my life by God's will) to get me through this. If God is love, where is it in their organization? Where is mercy and forgiveness? Jesus sought out the sinners and the sick when he was on earth, he did NOT shun them in any way.

Pretty sad. I am now 43 and am wondering if I will always be out here alone, afraid I will die alone. All because, in the name of God, my family thinks this is the way to show love.

• minimus
    minimus

When a GB member died WHILE GIVING A TALK at the convention, they picked his body up and another person continued the talk like nothing happened. For the Witnesses, the show must go on.

Somehow, this situation will be spun to make people think that this is proof we're really really living in the very last days, for sure.

I know this isn't very nice but it's too bad that the wrong person died.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

When a GB member died WHILE GIVING A TALK at the convention, they picked his body up and another person continued the talk like nothing happened. For the Witnesses, the show must go on.

Lloyd Barry in Hawaii?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

see: http://www.kansascity.com/115/story/723743.html

Monday, July 28, 2008

Identity of man killed in explosion, fire still not released

By BRIAN BURNES
    The Kansas City Star

Bates City authorities have yet to release the name of a man whose body was found Saturday while firefighters extinguished a blaze at a Jehovah’s Witness Fellowship Hall.

About 1:50 p.m. authorities responded to an explosion and fire at the hall on U.S. 40 east of Bates City.

While extinguishing the blaze firefighters discovered a body inside the building. Authorities determined the man had died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Accelerant had been poured throughout the hall.

The deceased man was a 53-year-old resident of Buckner, said Dale Cox, Bates City police chief. Official identification, however, will not be announced until several reports are completed, Cox said. Those include a toxicology report as well as an investigation by U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms personnel.

“We know there was accelerant in the building,” Cox said. “We just don’t know if he intentionally set the fire or one of the electrical items in the building caused the fire’s ignition.”

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

I e-mailed the reporter. I gave him links to websites like freeminds, silent lambs, six screens, and this board.

I suggested and urged him to dig a little and maybe write an article about the damage this org. does to people in light of the suicide.

I haven't heard from him. Crossing my fingers though!

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah, Barry was the guy.

Stilla, was this fire set on purpose or not? Any confirmation from the "brothers"? (I don't know how you do it, bro).

• sacolton
    sacolton
    Jehovah’s Witness Fellowship Hall

I'm not familiar with this term. Is this new? Fellowship Hall?

• mouthy
    mouthy

MISSING A FEW MEETINGS IN LIGHT OF A MAN'S SUICIDE IS UNACCEPTABLE!

No the reason they have a quick build is so the town will see all the workers that have dedicated their lives to the (false prophet)TRUE?God,,, I remember all the quick builds I have had the oppotunity to see,they get news coverage & dis -heartened christians,start attending this group that can all work together.Not realizing they are all under mind contol. Robots will do anything the Master ( Governing Body)says..
    So sad for the fellow & his family .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit