suicide and explosion at Kingdom Hall on Sat. July 27

by kool aid man06 157 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Just to clarify, what I wrote to these reporters was more to urge them into considering doing a story about the detrimental effects the WTS has on its members and how this recent tragedy illustrates that.

I gave them links to freeminds.org, silentlambs.org, sixscreens.

As for inflaming prejudice, you're probably right and the Kansas City Star (a corporate newspaper in the American Midwest) will probably not want to write anything like a negative JW expose.

I'll most likely end up contacting The Pitch and see if I can interest them in the story. They have no qualms against pissing anyone off.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Out of respect for the family, the focus shouldn't be on the suicide victim.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

The latest story I've heard (who knows how much is true, sometimes this particular source I talk to is unreliable):

A group was cleaning the hall. The brother in question was using the internet (the Hall had internet?) and said he'd lock up when he left (was there an alarm to set? Did he know the code?) ((1914, probably LOL)). Apparently the hall has dial-up (again, the Hall had internet?) and the man had high-speed service at home but no one thought anything of it. The man was not acting unusual.

It was also thought that he shot himself in addition to accelerating the destruction of the Hall, as has been mentioned here.

I asked, "Wasn't he an elder?" Reply: "He used to be but because of his mental problems he no longer was."

I asked, "Do they know why he did what he did to the Hall?" Reply: "No, but apparently he didn't want the Hall to have ever been built."

I asked, "Why not?" Reply: "I don't know." (Witnesses typically don't ask important questions do they?) ((See "chronology, 607 vs. 587 BCE"))

The person I talked to said thankfully the story about the Universalist Unitarian Church shooting bumped this story off the national news.

Everyone was told not to tell the press anything because the Society had a person handling that.

The main thing still being that the Hall be rebuilt in time for its dedication.

• DJK
    DJK
    the focus shouldn't be on the suicide victim.

I certainly agree.

Like instructing a jury to disregard something they heard and should not have, it's impossible to know if they did when reaching a verdict. The focus may be unavoidable if the story is presented while the incident is still fresh in people's minds.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

That Stilla guy, who generally ignores all attempts at communication from me, is from this area too and supposedly knows what's going on.

My father helped on the quick build of the place and will most likely be on the rebuild committee. I spoke with one of his elder friends when my folks were out of town. The elder couldn't remember when my folks were getting back into town and wanted me to have my father call him ASAP when they got home.

The elder mentioned to me about the rebuild project.

I understand about the issue of rebuilding the KH in time for the dedication, but I am really pissed off that on the very day of the poor man's suicide, the local JW men were already gearing up for the rebuild.

That was insensitive and vile. Some man kills himself and all they're worried about is their f**king precious little KH.

And of course in the grand JW tradition, they're being tight lipped even to other JWs.

I warned the reporters that a representative from the WTBTS would be spin-doctoring.

• DJK
    DJK
    That Stilla guy, who generally ignores all attempts at communication from me, is from this area too and supposedly knows what's going on.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I think Stilla is Stilla a witness. I trust his judgement on whether or not to reveal anything he may know.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Well it isn't like I'm going to blow anyone's cover (including my own). It was just a tad rude.

But hey, no big deal.

I'm just trying to find out some reliable information from some of the local Dubs.

Hell, I might even go to the meeting tonight to see if I can find out anything. You know, take one for the team.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am going to the meeting tonight (have been away on business) and will update you all and reveal as much as I can about 10.00 pm Central Daylight Time tonight. Hope this helps.

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It
    When we installed the keypad at our new KH many years ago, I suggested we make the code 1975.

They did not see the humor in that.

Oh...in case you want to visit.... the CO apartment code is (was) 4191....clever...

Snakes,

That is some funny stuff. Suggesting 2014 in preparation for the big anniversary would be good too. I imagine there will be quite a fervor in the run-up to that day.

But I digress, this is about the suicide and the bombing. My sympathies to those who lost a family member.

It is telling that they are in a rush to rebuild. I'm sure Jah will be praised when they get that place fixed up. "No crazy suicide can stop the celestial chariot!". Yick.

-- Not Feeling It

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

This guy should have used a little more accelerant to level the building.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit