What should I do with the old magazines?

by sacolton 58 Replies latest jw friends

• sacolton
    sacolton

I've got two boxes full of Watchtower and Awake magazines dating back to 2000 maybe abit further. Should I just trash them?

• New light for you
    New light for you

if i recycled them i would be afraid that I might accidentally get someone interested in them.. i think a shreadder or a wood-chipper would be best.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Drop them off at the laundrymat....... count one hour for each.

They make dandy bird cage liners too.

Hill

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

If you have a fireplace, roll those suckers up and make them firestarters

burn baby burn

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Depending on how you feel about leaving etc, a good bonfire or campfire send off could be quite cathartic. Of course it could just be that I'm a bit of a pyro. . .

• minu
    minu

I'm going to have to agree with Mrs. Jones on this one. I burned EVERYTHING that I had. We sure were toasty that winter night.

Make a bonfire and toast marshmallows.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly
    Make a bonfire and toast marshmallows

Make sure they are apostate marshmallows though, the virginal white type don't repond well to 4 color inked paper and may give you unsatisfactory results

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

I know that you won't listen to me, but here goes anyway.

Please don't burn them. Often the chemicals in newsprint contain carcinogens. In general, burning is bad for the environment. As that old saying with picture of the owl goes - "Give a hoot. Don't pollute."

I have no idea if the mags are composed of truly bio-degradable material or not. Should you be able to determine that this is indeed the case, then I would recommend a compost pile. But only if you can determine if they are truly bio-degradable.

If not, the three words are: Recycle. Recycle. Recycle.

In my opinion, burning is not a good option, in spite of the purely psychological satisfaction that it may provide you.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

One other option would involve a high capacity shredder

• minu
    minu
    apostate marshmallows

There is no room in my grocery basket for anything but apostate food.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit