What should I do with the old magazines?

by sacolton 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Mandette
    Mandette

I have a mess of reference books on the shelf in my garage that I'd LOVE to find a place for(and not on my bookshelf in my house!).

On principal I oppose destroying any book...but still....I'm very tempted to just toss em in the dumpster...afterall paper does degrade........

I think they're "Aid" books and the like.......

anyone want them?

Mandette

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope you have a really good shredder.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Strawberry flavored apostamallows are the best kind for a borgfire

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Burning books, no matter how much one disagrees with the content, reminds me too much of the Nazis and their book burning fires. "Where they burn books, they also burn people," a wise man once said.

Perhaps if it were state-sponsored burning...but a lone man's burning of ignorant rubbish should, at the very least, deserve a pass....

• sacolton
    sacolton

Not to worry. I won't burn them. It's either dump them on the doorstep of the local KH or to the recycling center.

• White Dove
    White Dove

(Yoda): "Yes, burdon the Khall with them, you should! Mmm."

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

If everyone dumped their old Watchtower books and magazines off at the KH it would create a problem for the JWs. Since JWs aren't supposed to engage in independent thinking, the local Witnesses would soon be writing to Brooklyn requesting instructions as to how to deal with the new situation. With so many requests for clarification, this would require a "questions from readers" article or a spot in the Kingdom Ministry about "What to do if old Watchtower literature is returned to the Kingdom Hall?" Should they deduct the returned literature from future service reports? If the literature is in good condition can it be reused in field service? Should they ask for a donation if they are using returned literature in the field service? Should returned literature be given to new JWs to complete their Theocratic library? The list of questions could go on and on.

It will also be bad for moral seeing a stack on returned magazines on the KH steps on Saturday morning on magazine day. Saturday is still "magazine day" isn't it?

• whyizit
    whyizit

Send them to me!!!!

Seriously!

But if that doesn't sound good to you, then you might want to find out which ones have the most coveted flip flops, etc... and you can actually sell them on ebay.

Personally, I would epsecially like to have the ones that speak about Blood/ Medical issues.

It's also fun to go through and see how often they repeat the same exact things over and over and over.... Read the magazines for one year, and you know everything the WTS teaches, because they just hammer the same things in the ground. But do they try to brainwash folks? Oh, no-no-no. (Yeah, right!)

And pick a part the mistakes they make in Biblical doctrine. How they take verses out of context, etc...

If you decide you would like to send them to me, I'll even pay shipping...hint, hint!

Whyizit

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

put them on the steps of your local kh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit