What should I do with the old magazines?

by sacolton 58 Replies latest jw friends

• minu
    minu

White Dove: You'll have to join me Mrs. Jones and Big Willy at our virtual bonfire.

• blondie
  • sacolton
    sacolton

Would Satan even let them burn?

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

The "bad" imaginary friend is much like the "good" imaginary friend, despite what others tell you neither has any real power over the real world. Trust me when I say that WBTS publications burn just fine

• Open mind
    Open mind

Find out what the forbidden local "hot spots" are for magazine dumping. You know, pioneers driving around together in the wee hours of the morning to laundromats, gas stations, lobbies, etc.

Every town soon develops a list of places where the management has contacted the local JWs and said:

"Don't leave your litter-ature here anymore!".

So just make it a habit to periodically, VERY DISCREETLY, leave some of those old mags in a forbidden laundromat or waiting room.

Management will get more and more irritated as time goes by and the local JW Service Overseer will catch the flak for it and maybe even start making announcements about the "forbidden spots".

And you just keep on keeping on.

Cheers,

om

• Layla33
    Layla33

Recycle or have a nice bonfire and make some smores...

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Recycling and caring about the environment aside, those mags really don't burn well at all. Been there, done that. It actually put out my fire and I was left cold with a fireplace full of half-cooked magazines!

Not old Kingdom Ministries on the other hand - well they burn just fine!

Am

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Burning books, no matter how much one disagrees with the content, reminds me too much of the Nazis and their book burning fires. "Where they burn books, they also burn people," a wise man once said. It has also been said that the JWs worst enemy is their own publications. So I agree with Open Mind's suggestion to leave the magazines at places they are not wanted. Also as several have suggested, just leave them at the KH and let the JWs waste time trying to figure out what to do with them. I remember when I was a JW that people would occasionally leave a stack of magazines on the KH steps. Some of the JWs found this depressing, because of the hours spent trying to place the magazines and to then have them all returned. I don't recall whether publishers were required to deduct these returned magazines from their next field service report or not.

• beerose
    beerose

I don't think burning them is a good idea either,you might set the demons loose!

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

destroy; destroy; destroy

By whatever means possible.

OR; set them on the doorstep of your local KH

No; Destroy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit