ARE WOMEN MORE ROMANTIC THAN MEN................AND WHY?

by Summer wine 50 Replies latest jw friends

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

FHN, I have to disagree with you. I don't think a man bringing you flowers in a beginning of a relationship is coming on to strong or that they have alterior motives. I think that is some men's way of showing that they have feelings for you and would like to know you better. Some men just take pleasure in giving.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Baby Girl, I made a distinction between the subtle and coming on too strong. Some guys just try to hard to be charming and it comes off contrived. There is a happy balance and we can usually tell who is sincere. Usually, but not always.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

John,

Romance is not dictating what you want and need and having a slave fulfill it. Romance is anticipating what would make the object of your affection feel special and loved--something that they didn't know they needed or wouldn't have known they wanted. Romance is not a scheduled event set to a certain "frequency," romance is being upbuilt when it is unexpected, and knowing the motivations are pure. Romance is the anticipation of opening a gift from an old friend, perpetual, constant, and unending.

So speaks the expert?

With such an enormous understanding of these things, how do you have time to post on this Board. I would have thought that the line of scantily clad women reached right around the corner to the Delhi Curry House.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Ironic, isn't it hillary.

• zagor
    zagor
    "I wish men were more romantic. They don't realize what they would gain from taking the initiative in being romantic."

Define romantic. Some people wrongfully call romantic someone’s ability to express himself. It is a gift of speech not romance. In my experience many woman want their man to be more talkative. I don’t think they really want them all mellow like butter on hot muffin.

• trevor
    trevor
    ...young men never feel like this , why is it always the girls that want to settle down

Some girls/women want to settle down with men of means who stand to lose vast sums of money to the women if it all goes pear shaped.

Call me a cynic but on romance - for a woman to feel she is being really romanced he has to spend his money on the woman or stands to be accused of being mean. It starts with flowers, dinner out, theatre and gifts and escalates to luxury hotel and holiday.

I did say some girls and I realize that not a single woman on this forum equates romance with money. Or is the slightest bit interested in whether the man of her dreams is penniless or rich. We are just talking about 'other' women on other sites. The type that I generally meet.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    for a woman to feel she is being really romanced he has to spend his money on the woman or stands to be accused of being mean

Picking some wild flowers works, I've had them picked out of my own yard and have been happy as h*ll....

Sharing a glass of wine together, sitting in front of the fireplace together, its nicer when its little things that don't cost money,

running through the rain, throwing snowballs at each other in

the winter. Funny, silly things......and thats all I want...

h40

• trevor
    trevor

Hope4Others

You are helping to restore my faith in women.

But don't share a Glass of wine. Make him stretch to giving you a glass of your own.

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

No way Jose.

There could not possibly be a single woman in the world who is better at romance than i am..

Oh wait, I think I am confusing romance with flirting...yeah definitely, flirting...thats what I'm an expert at..

Sorry, carry on.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I think John Doe is a closet romantic who likes to make sexist comments and push the ladies buttons so no one will find out his dirty little secret!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit