Are You a Glass Half Full Type Person ? Optimist or Pessimist ?

by flipper 51 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

Flipper,

Whenever I see a light at the end of the tunnel. It is always a train.

I guess that would make me a bit pessimistic.

• KW13
    KW13

depends, when i'm down the glass is rarely full but on a good day its overflowing, i never got the middle road unfortunately (although thanks to a strict regime someone here helped me with, its improved greatly!)

• flipper
    flipper

DINAH- I know what you mean sis. But you know what you have to do when you see that rain a comin' down the track ?? Hop on and see where it takes you, before it runs you over ! It might just be a positive ride ! You never know ! Just a little bull$hit pop psychology for ya to make you feel better ! Hang in there sis !

KW 13- I'm glad to hear your glass overfills when you are up. I know how it can be to be down, and it's a drag ! But just keep on involving yourself with positive people around yo, and positive activities, and the positive will outweigh the negative usually ! Keep cool ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Eeyore reporting for duty.

Things will always get worse. I have a perpetual black cloud following me throughout this life.

Life is unfair and then you die.

How's that for pessimism?

• flipper
    flipper

BIG TEX- Yeah, I hear ya buddy. Life is a challenge at best sometimes ! Just gotta try to navigate the storms and rainfall the best we can guy ! Hang in there friend, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I just live life one day at a time.

And every day I step over the bodies and keep on truckin.

I figure I will live to I die.

And when I die, I'll come back and do it again.

And if I'm wrong, and there is just the eternal dirt nap, thats allright too.

And if there is a hell. I have been a good person. So I dont fear hell.

I even know the magic word to avoid hell.

Jesus.

But I dont think there is a fiery hell.

There has been a light at the end of the tunnel so far.

But the older I get, I know someday, there will not be a light at the end of the tunnel. So I always carry a little flashlight.

• flipper
    flipper

JAGUARBASS- I hear what you're saying . I don't know whether there is an afterlife either - but I don't worry about it ! I just live life one day at a time also , not fearing anything as I've been a good person as well, and I don't believe in a burning hell - so it's all good . I just try to make the best out of each day

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

I try my best to keep it full.

I think I am a realist, but I try to look at the good side especially when it comes to people.

• calico
    calico

It's very hard to be an optimist when you are married to a pessimistic bitch! Yes, my husband is a bitch! He never shuts up and it is always negative. Always wants to tell me sad or tragic stories he's read on the net. Complains about gas and bills and the checkbook CONSTANTLY! He complains about me shopping at resale shops

BUT.....I go on! My sense of humor has kept me alive and the older I get I can't believe the petty things that people get upset about. I try to be happy and optimistic with my son--it might be working more than I know--at least I hope so! There are so many things that you cannot change--you have to deal with them the best you can.

• flipper
    flipper

ANTI CHRIST- That is a good quality to have to look at the good side when it comes to people ! You sound very positive ! Good for you !

CALICO- I'm sure you are a good, careful shopper trying to save money by going to resale shops ! Too bad your hubby complains ! I'm glad my wife is careful with money ! It really helps ! It's good you have a sense of humor to deal with it all ! That helps ! You are having a good positive influence on your son by staying positive - so keep up the good work ! We just have to keep plugging away like you say and good things will happen. Take care sis ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit