Are You a Glass Half Full Type Person ? Optimist or Pessimist ?

by flipper 51 Replies latest jw friends

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

I'm very optimistic.............

Absolutely convinced that:

Disaster is right around next corner
    Other shoe is ready to drop
    Someone is peaking in my window
    Government is tapping my phone
    My food is being poisoned
    That dog bites
    My neighbor hates me
    What's that lump
    Clowns are demons, so are Smurfs
    Condoms have holes in them
    That picture is looking at me
    The cook has spit in my food (Well that one may be true)
    My wife is having an affair
    My mistress is having an affair
    I think I'm a woman
    I'm being watched........by JW's

YIKES!!
    (Pulls covers over head
    and begins shivering)

• Layla33
    Layla33

I more of an optimist than a pessimist, believing that each person defines their own reality. I see the world as a blank canvas that you create your world on. And everyday you get a chance to make it the portrait you want it to be...

• wings
    wings

Good morning Mr. Flipper! Glass half full person here, but I'm taking classes and going to therapy and trying to get over it. Being an optimist in this world can be brutal sometimes.

wings

• TinyDancer124
    TinyDancer124

I think I'm an optimist with pessimistic tendencies.

• Blasty
    Blasty

85% of the time, I'm a glass half full person. I always think everything will work out in the end.

But I do hear myself sometimes refer to a situation as a guaranteed 'fak over" situation. Which isn't very half full of me at all hehe.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This sounds weird but it is true:

I wanted to be optimistic, but I doubted I could do it.
    Now I fight the negativity and tell myself it will happen.

I have been a negative person. "This won't work, we won't get there on time.
    There won't be enough. People are generally not trustworthy."

Now, I realize what a waste of energy that is.
    I say "I did my best so it will work. We get there when we do, it'll be okay.
    It must be enough, we'll make do. People are generally good and trustworthy."

I had a hard time with dreamers. "Us people grounded in reality wish the dreamers
    would just get a job and pay the bills." That's my old attitude. Now I recognize
    that much happiness comes from dreaming and chasing dreams. A lifelong struggle
    to realize a dream can produce more happiness than giving up the dream and settling
    for reality. Not all dreamers make it, but ONLY dreamers make it to their lofty goals.
    No professional sportsmen are NOT dreamers. (Well, maybe with Bowlers as an exception.)

Here was a big help. While fighting a fire, even a little one, I am in the moment. I love
    my work. Putting out fire is like pitching in the major league. Most of the time you are
    preparing for a short time in the limelight, but when you get there, you zone out other
    things. Helping the public is part of my work, also. That part is very positive, too. Even
    though there are many strange people out there, a helping hand is received positively.
    Little kids want us to blow the airhorn or the siren. People watch me go by in the fire
    engine and they admire me.

I have had a few years of depression, but it hasn't affected my work. That's because I
    love my job. I have a lot going for me. My wife is young and hot looking. She loves me.
    We take regular vacations. I enjoy going to work. I have a decent salary. I just need to
    enjoy life and stop focusing on that sh&tty false prophet. How's that for optimism?

• minimus
    minimus

optimist but clearly a realist!

• NanaR
    NanaR

I'm definitely an optimist. I don't know how I "got that way", because my father, mother, and grandmother (the three people who raised me) were all the complete opposite.

I drive my husband crazy with my "everything will be all right" attitude. He is also a pessimist.

Pax,

Ruth (otherwise known as Pollyanna LOL)

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I'm have a speach pessimist....I habe twuble wib a few wowds.

I always think of the worst that can happen so if it doesn't I'll feel better about it later.

• flipper
    flipper

HOPE 4 OTHERS- I agree with you. I too refuse to dwell at any length on negativity to where it cripples me - although I'm a very positive person , I am realistic as well. People are woth loving , life is short , so we have to make the best of it ! Well put ! I agree !

HAMILCARR- That is an interesting way to put it - " optimism is a moral duty ". Good take !

JAKMARX- A good way to look at problems is looking at them as opportunities to take advantage of in a positive way ! Well put !

WARLOCK- Look forward to hearing from you when you are in a positive mood later ! Hope things go better for you !

LDRNOMO- I hear ya - gotta drink the positive happiness while you can or it might leak out fast out of the bottom of the cup !

FROZEN ONE- I'm glad your glass is always full ! Good for you !

LOCKED CHAOS- That is a hilariously optimistic / pessimistic reply ! Very good ! You put a lot of thought into THAT post I see !

LAYLA 33- I agree with you. Each day is a blank canvas which we can choose to paint negative or positive vibes on ! It's up to us !

WINGS- It is a brutal world to be an optimist in- very true ! However in being an optimist it helps us deal with the day to day negativity that can drag us down ! I've met you - and I think you are a resilient , positive individual ! Especially with all that life has handed you the last year or so, and all that's been on your plate ! You are doing very well, considering that ! You just keep hanging in there , and staying positive my friend - and in time your situation will level itself out to normality again ! You've got friends in my wife and me, remember sis !

TINY DANCER- Optimist with pessimistic tendencies ! What a quandary ! Well, at least you are balanced !

BLASTY- I'm like you are. 85 to 90 % of the time I'm positive ! But occasionally life gets the better of me. It can happen. Just have to learn to roll with it !

OTWO- It's good to hear you have gradually changed into a positive person who is a realist - than a negative person you once were ! You and I have talked extensively and I always sense a very positive energy emitting from you ! You do have a lot going for you ! A great wife, good job, nice vacations you have taken. A lot to be thankful for.

MINIMUS- Optimism with reality is a good thing ! Glad you have it !

NANA R- Glad to hear you have stayed positive in spite of having negative relatives around you ! Good job on staying positive ! Hopefully your positive vibes will rub off on them !

QUIRKY- Expecting the worst at least you know most other things happening in your day will be better ! Won't be disappointed ! It's a kind of backa$$wards way that a lot of people try to stay positive with ! But if it works, hey ! More power to you ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit