Funny/strange things you ate as a kid.

by IP_SEC 66 Replies latest jw friends

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

I used to eat paper. And dried Elmers glue. But not together LOL.

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

After reading those revolting stories I'm so glad I grew up in a civilised country!

• justified
    justified

Not sure, I was a kid. It was a Louisiana back woods thing.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

every summer as small children we'd eat wild mustard flowers, leaves stems and all - delicious. It was fun searching out the plants and munching away in the sun. Another favourite was wild locusts - cooked of course

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

We would go down to the ocean as kids, with a metal can and pick snails off the rocks, build a little fire and then boil em and eat em. I suppose some would find that strange. LOL

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Dandylions and dirt sandwiches

nj

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

So glad to hear how many of us ate dirt. I would lick it off the rocks. Guess I was trying to make the yard clean.

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

GentlyFeral, I also ate ketchup sandwiches but I liked mine on toast with a little butter. Now I never eat ketchup since it is so sweet! Only mustard on hot dogs with onions, never that red stuff again.

IP SEC, what weird things have you tried food wise as an adult?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

When I would visit my family in Georgia, they would take a bottle of coke and either crush up a bag of potato chips and put them in the coke or take a bag of peanuts and put it in the coke.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

The first booger I ate turned out to be my last. It stuck to the roof of my mouth, and I couldn't stop gagging

I ate worchestireshire sauce by itself, and even now occasionally will take a nip. (Now I have a craving)

I also used to take unopened hibiscus flowers, and drink the nectar out of the end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit