Funny/strange things you ate as a kid.

by IP_SEC 66 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

I ate grass when pretending to make "supper" in our yard with mud, grass, and grass seeds. It was very bitter.

• changeling
    changeling

dog biscuits

salt

Ippy, your nuked frog story is gross and distrubing. I think you may need professional help.But hey, now you live in Cajun Country and they eat everything, so you fit right in!

Lezze les bon temps roulez!

changeling :)

• Satanus
    Satanus

I remember the taste of dirt. I would lick the salt stone, set out for the cows. I used to eat wild plants, when i was bringing the cows home. Wild onions, 'sour leaves'. Don't know the real name for those.

S

• Pandoras cat
    Pandoras cat

Hamsterbait---Glad you liked the snails. Eating them in France with some fancy wine would make them taste great!!! Maybe I'll try them again...NOT

Meow

• beksbks
    beksbks

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwgggggghhhhhhhddddddd. I'm nauseous. Thanks kids.

Boys are gross!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Those honey sucker type flowers that have tiny purple tubes of nectar in them. Yummy!

I still eat flowers.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I once picked up pellet of quick-joe deicer thinking it was rock salt. To paraphrase that one kid on the Simpsons it tasted like burning. I didn't eat it once I discovered it wasn't actually rock salt though.

Edit: We used to eat the nectar from those flowers too, they were called honey suckle. Also wild rasberries and blackberries you'd find in the woods, but I really wouldn't call that weird.

• *summer*
  • IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

hahahahah Great stories ppl. Thats what I was looking for was the stories like sparky's story on the blacken locust lol.

We had horses and whatnot as a kid and thus had a hay stack. My two stupid younger brothers, were playing with a can of liquid grease and matches by the hay stack. They claim to have learned it from their older brother. I happen to know their older brother would never do such silliness near a hay stack.

They burned the hay stack down. It was quiet an exciting day. I found a roasted rat snake in the remains of the haystack. I'll tell you that hay smoke does nothing for the taste of snake meat. alt

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Lezze les bon temps roulez!

Je suis la toute les bonne temps. Laissez bon temps roulez!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit