Funny/strange things you ate as a kid.

by IP_SEC 66 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Ok I'll start.

13 Y/O or so.

Once it rained for a month straight. We had an old dry tank dump in the back that filled up with water. There were tons of frogs that showed up and started breeding.

I was looking at them on the edge of the water through my .22 scope. They were huge!!!! I shot 8 or 10 of them and walked around the tank to pick them up. Well they only looked big magnified in the scope. They were just little leopard frogs. Skinned them anyway and cooked them in the micro wave. Yumm.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Dayumm! IP! Nuked frogs? You gotta be kiddin me? I never ate anything real strange except a fly during a dare or PB & Miracle Whip sandwhiches.

I did dare a guy to eat a live crawdad andd he pulled the pinchers off and swallowed him whole!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

boogers

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

dirt...I'm not even sure if that's unusual

• flipper
    flipper

IP-SEC- My mom forced us to eat Lima beans, you know the light green ones that stick to the roof of your mouth ! I'd try to incognito spit them up into my mashed potatoes and hide them so I wouldn't have to eat them ! Or I'd make a quick exit to the restroom to spit them out ! Other beans were O.K. - just hated Lima beans ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Priest73
    Priest73

"boogers" and hey, they're not just for breakfast anymore!!!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Oh come on guys I know im not the only strange person here.

About the same time as the frog incident.

We lived in the country and burned our trash in old 55 gallon drums with the top cut off (Yes we were white trash)

A possum had fallen in to the drum which was about half full of water from all the rain. I shot him, skinned him, and put him in the... you guessed it, microwave. put a little bbq sauce on him.... yummm!!!

Just kidding. It was very tough but that was prolly the microwaves fault.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hey that's nothing, grandfather ate possum, jack rabbit, and an occasional squirrel...oh and he was from Louisiana

• Priest73
    Priest73

"(Yes we were white trash)" Were?

I once ate a frozen stick of butter while watching Saturday morning cartoons. Momz wasn't too happy about that one.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Mayonnaise on pizza. peanut butter and cheddar cheese sandwiches, (I still eat those)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit