Funny/strange things you ate as a kid.

by IP_SEC 66 Replies latest jw friends

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    I know im not the only strange person here.

Prob the only one that will admit to it!!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Oh hell. Only you IP.

I once ate all the sour grape leaves off of a whole strip of bushes. The stems that curl out are delicious. But the 'end' result scared me for it was pretty green. Dayum. It was an experience.

I constantly sucked on chicken bouillon cubes and loved spoons of flour or the ice off the freezer scraped with a spoon of honey. I don't think that is too good for you. I ate all the rose hips I could find and the petals off of flowers and most all of the watercress out of the creek by the house. I did eat a mess of this stuff that grows out of the cracks in the sidewalks in New Mexico. I am not sure what it is called and made a stock of dried mesquite bush beans to chow on.

I always wondered how I knew this was OK to eat, but this year while cleaning my moms stuff out of the shed, I found a book that had "how to live off the widl things you find". My brother grabbed it up and we fought over it for a bit, then he told me my mom used to take us on excursions and we would read this book. So I guess that is why I might have done all of that.

Decki

• Layla33
    Layla33

I loved eating snow. Especially right after it first snowed - good times. Now, I couldn't even imagine doing it.

Whenever we went down south, I would eat a certain type of dirt, it had an interesting taste. Again, couldn't even imagine doing that now...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

u sound like u are part goat

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Layla. I ate bowls of snow. Made into ice cream. No way would I eat that toxic stuff now!

• John Doe
    John Doe

I ate a lot of squirrel meat as a child. It was quite tasty. I never liked nuked meats though. Yuck!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Very funny Wha Happened! Probably was.

• Pandoras cat
    Pandoras cat

Nuked frogs!!! That's a new one. When I was around 14 we went to a classy french restaurant and I ordered escargot. Call it what it is--snails. They were in some fancy sauce but they still were gross. Remember the I Love Lucy episode where she ate snails? It was like that. BLAH

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

EELS

I thought they were just slices of some small fish.

Tried SNAILS my first time in France as a adult., DELISHUSS!!

Most snails we find in the backyard are actually edible - didgya know?

HB

• BFD
    BFD

When I was a little kid a used to pluck the eyes out of the flounder my dad would catch and eat them.

I don't remember this, thankfully. But it is legend in my family.

BFD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit