How do you know if you're in love?

by LouBelle 42 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

In my experience......ya just know.

I mean the minute I sat down across from my husband one side of my brains said........I am gonna marry that one!.

The other side of my brain wished for a hand to smack the "in love" side into some sense because we hadn't even looked at his face. But the 'in love' side said shut up we did it your way last time and it was disaster.... better to fly and fall then go cautiously creeping.

He proposed marriage 7 days later........

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke
    Alot of people seem to think that romantic love should be unconditional, which is completely unrealistic. We all have conditions on romantic love, otherwise we'd not be loving ourselves.

A-freaking-men. Preach sista preach.

I think the thing is that if someone crosses a boundary line that you've established, set up and talked about that self preservation says that the relationship has to end or change for the preservation of self. that doesn't mean that I'm going to stop loving you. Love is love in spite of peoples short comings... sometimes because of them...

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    I think the thing is that if someone crosses a boundary line that you've established, set up and talked about that self preservation says that the relationship has to end or change for the preservation of self. that doesn't mean that I'm going to stop loving you.

That's exactly what I meant CHL, sigh, why do you have to live so far away?? LOL

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

I've never been in love so I wouldn't know.

I don't falll in love. I mean I like people but love? eh....

Truth is I am emotionally unavailable; I don't open myself up for love. that crap hurts and I don't see the point. Let's just have fun and not get too entangled. with love, it always ends in pain; somebody ends up screwed and you know it.

Bah @ yur love!

• Blasty
    Blasty

Bleh I had a post for all of this but I didn't feel like itemizing it.

A man being in love is definately different from a woman being in love. Also, love keeps redefining itself as time goes by. Ask a couple of 5 years what love is, and then a couple of 10,25,50, 65 years...ask the same question and the answers may surprise you.

The reality of it all is that a lot of people aren't capable of falling in love with someone, since they aren't cut out to be in a relationship. The sad fact is this won't stop someone from falling in love with a person of this nature. A lot of people don't realize their own selfish nature and self-serving needs, and therefore they don't realize that they aren't cut out to be in a relationship.

For me, I knew I was in love when I couldn't conceive of being with any other woman. To this day, I find no appeal in other women, sure they can be nice to look at, but pretty women are a dime a dozen. Good looks will never change how ugly someone is on the inside, and when you see who a person really is, then you'll know how ugly or beautiful they really are.

I knew my wife had issues, but for the most part she is the type of woman I wanted in my life. And yes we have our issues today, but I love her and I'm willing to spend the rest of my life working on these issues. And yes, when we are 50 years into this marriage, I think we will still have issues. But that's ok.

On the topic of love though, I thought I knew what love was. But when my children were born, I found out what true unconditional love was, it's kind of scary and amazing all at the same time.

• Twitch
    Twitch

All you want is to be with that person

• Carmel
    Carmel

hmmm... been married to the same lady for 45 years and still wondering if it is love yet....good wine and relationships take time and patience....keep working on it. carmel

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I've only really loved one woman in my life, so I'm no authority on the matter. But I didn't have to ask myself if it was "true love" or not. When you know, you know. And that's that.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

It's like being anointed ... if you have to ask - you aren't.

• Sway
    Sway

If you have a big rager, that's a sure sign.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit