How do you know if you're in love?

by LouBelle 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Twitch
    Twitch
    It's like being anointed ... if you have to ask - you aren't.

:) As was said earlier, you just know.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Hi, dear Lou!

For me, there are three people that I "love" more than any others... and one is the romantic kind: my two children and my husband. I am "in" love with my husband (romantically and just as a person); I am also in love with my kids (sorry, can't help it).

Although my love for each of them is "different," it is also the same: for me, I would stop breathing... if any one of them were to stop breathing. I know this, because I have experienced such loss before (my mom and dad). Ooowee, talk about pain... nothing like it, truly.

True, I might start breathing again... but it would be hard. VERY hard. And would take some time, perhaps the rest of my life.

But I know I love them... because I need them... to keep breathing.

Peace to you... and may you find whom you're look for (if you're lookin)!

SA, who never wants to be the "breathless" class...

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

You just know it.

I have been in lust many times but in love only one time.

• zagor
    zagor
    it feels like I am Home

well said

• caliber
    caliber

In my experience......ya just know.

I mean the minute I sat down across from my husband one side of my brains said........I am gonna marry that one!.

These are almost exactly the words that H4O later told me she said to herself upon our very first meeting ! I didn't

have the marriage idea that fast but I too agree it just happens... you'll know when it happens.The trick is that it

must be mutual... you may be attracted to them but not necessarily they to you ! I think it's the eyes ,there's a

mutual sparkle and fixation that you have to experience to understand.

I don't think it needs to be complicated at all... either it works or it doesn't

If you care about each other everything simply falls in place !

Falling in love is a strong instinctive attraction to the person of the other sex. In case it’s mutual and both lovers will work at their relationships one day that feeling can grow into love. Falling in love is crazy, it very physical, it’s when knees are getting weak and temperature rises, love is calm, comfortable andmental

the above quote I found also makes sense to me .

You have to do nothing to fall in love and often there’s either nothing you can do to stop falling in love. It’s very illogical: you suffer from splashes of emotions, doubts, can’t fully control yourself and it’s all because of a person you usually almost don’t know. When we fall in love nature shows all it’s power on us

I hope some of these thoughts prove helpful

Caliber

• John Doe
    John Doe

Love is powerful and unmistakeable. When love lives in you, you'll have no question about what it is. Avoiding the risk of sounding cliche and silly, I won't elaborate.

• fifi40
    fifi40

If you think about it.............love is really only your own feeling..........you own that feeling and you are in charge of it. So I reckon to be 'in love' those feelings have to be mutually aroused in two people toward each other.

Lust is when you want 'to do the business with a person'.

So I guess an ideal is when you have feelings of love for someone, they have the same for you and if your going to be in a relationship, then there is a whole load of lust as well.

Love, the love we feel is such a complex subject it is hard to define it in any singular way.

It is my experience that love for a person rarely dies but it can change.............I still care or have a love for my ex husband but I dont have any lust left for him.

Just my rambling thoughts...............

I think we all have love in us too xxxx

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Some interesting thoughts to ponder over. Perhaps one day I'll be able to post my own.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

I knew I was in love with Nic, when I moved out of my parents home and a life I knew because I wanted to be with him.

I knew he was in love with me when he stuck with me despite my bizarre family and upbringing

I knew I was in love with Nic, when sat with me throughout my labour for the first time (not one of my most attractive moments) and he still wanted to be with me (just as soon as the doctor said we could )

I knew I was in love with Nic after we got though 2007 - our most financially difficult year - together.

I know we are still in love, when we go out on that odd date and can still laugh about silly things and talk until the wee hours.

There are so many more, but listing them would just be mushy!

Like my GBF said, you know when you feel like you are home.

Like someone else said, you just know.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Love isn't changing for someone and it isn't changing someone -- it is however constantly changing and improving the relationship for the better through open communication. Love is wanting to involve each other, spend time together and respect one another. Love is just wanting to fold yourself into someone's arms at night and know everything will be alright.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit