Name something that JWs believe in that isn't in the Bible

by Awakened at Gilead 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

It's OK for Elders wives to wear denim but not a brother even iff neatly pressed to meetings. Deut: 22 v25-27 JW believe that 2 or 3 witnesses are required for a sexual crime committed on a woman ,but the bible shows differently !

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Boasting!

• KW13
    KW13

1914, Faithful and Discreet Slave is Witnesses, Pyramid is Stone Witness of God, Blood Doctrine (amazing twist, like comparing War of the Worlds to the Sound of Music)

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Toilet cleaning is a PRIVILEGE

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

A brother in my old hall was bullied numerous times because his sideburns were longer than one inch, Well EXCUSE ME, I believe Jesus had a full beard. Who the hell made up these rules? Oh wait, we all know.... I thought it was ridiculous that women were only allowed to wear skirts, like we couldn't look presentable or feminine in other clothes.

I always wondered who coined the term "return visit" like it was a holy thing. "Let's go to my (drum beats please) return visit before we start the territory to get our time started... (because we all know it was all about the time anyways. God I hated that, the constant ticking clock.....)

burningbridges

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

607!!

burning bridges

• james_woods
    james_woods

Although the tobacco leaf was not known to the middle or western east until after Columbus discovered the new world, (and is obviously not mentioned in the bible - old or new testament) - the WTS has decided that smoking the tobacco leaf, growing it, or even chewing it is a disfellowshipping offense.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

This extra-Biblical rule actually makes sense. Nonetheless, it is nowhere to be found in the Bible: "Known child abusers" may not hold any positions of responsibility in the congregation.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Public Reprove, Private Reprove. Love those two, haha! And on the sex subject, sterilization is wrong according to the WTS, based on bible principals. Even that, bible principals, aka we will twist whatever we want around and say its bible principal. *rolling eyes*

• TinyDancer124
    TinyDancer124

Sterilization is wrong? First I've heard of that. I also didn't hear oral sex was wrong until I was almost out and I didn't even believe the person who told me. In fact, I didn't believe it was a widespread JW rule until I started reading these forums lol.

I'm just going to emphasize the "dress code" that has been mentioned here. I've actually gotten into discussions with my devout JW mother over this fact. Why are dress pants bad for sisters? And what about denim? I wasn't even allowed to wear denim skirts or dresses to the KHs. I was practically forced to dress like Laura Ingalls my entire childhood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit