Name something that JWs believe in that isn't in the Bible

by Awakened at Gilead 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OBVES
    OBVES

Read my posts on this whole forum and alt.bible ( usenet ) and you can notice how I differ with the Jehovahs Witness beliefs a lot and yet they as a whole stand out as the best christian religious organization on the face of our planet earth today.

A few good examples in difference:

Jesus Christ rose in the same body ! They believe otherwise .

144000 servants are all menservants: the greatest christian men ; not a single christian woman included.

The universe is more than 15 billion years old according to my understanding of the Bible.

They don't quite understand what is the resurrection body .

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Masturbation leads to homosexuality. Door to door ministry. Faithful and discreet slave class. The UN represents the wild beast in Revelation. Shunning of the disfellowshipped.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Where in the Bible did it say anything against wire rimmed glasses and colored shirts? Or that one must keep the collar button done up in hot weather? Nowhere--in fact, even the principles were not found in the scriptures. Yet I have seen people hounded on those counts.

Where in the Bible does it say that college is bad? I acknowledge that it makes a passing reference that college is not always necessary to teach morality (in fact, the valid moral principles are so simple that a small child could follow them). And there are people that succeed without even a high school diploma. However, it says nothing about that one should avoid college--in fact, these days more than 99% of all people need college just to survive.

Where in the Bible does it say that even privately questioning the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger amounts to apostasy?

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

they as a whole stand out as the best christian religious organization on the face of our planet earth today.

Oh please gimme a break....

If they are the best, then I don't want any religion!

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

JWs are the only Christians

Vasectomies disqualify you for MS or elder

But...having children in this time of the END is irresponsible ??

Dating non witnesses because of point #1

Shunning

Not allowing people to do research on what they are taught by the WTS ala the Boreans

Not feeding the poor and hungry unless the poor and hungry are JWs.

Only helping JWs in catastrophic events

All of their predictions of the end of the world in spite of the fact that Jesus the SON is not privy to that information

Calling themselves Gods Mouthpiece

Pyramids being indicators of the end times (and measuring them in FEET when nobody used FEET when they were built)

607 vs 587

Birthdays are evil, anniversaries are good...when they are identical celebrations

Celebrating Christs birth is evil but celebrating his death is done with a cultish vengeance.

ugh...so many

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Even though these are serious topics...and I appreciate the fact that the JW religion can be very harmful to millions of people all over the world... I still enjoy finding humor in this strange religion...

AlltimeJeff - this is a classic...thanks for the chuckle. It is INSANE when you think about it, isn't it?

That God will judge and destroy individuals and households based on how a barely awake householder responds to the offer of colorful, yet cheap, magazine offered by a 6 year old on a Saturday morning. I am sure that is what Jesus had in mind when he said that "the good news of the kingdom will be preached" before the end comes.

The Oracle

• HSS1971
    HSS1971

The 3 reasons a wife could get a separation from her husband. Where does it say those rules in the Bible ?

I've seen women in the cong. use those 3 reasons to punish and leave their husbands alone and starved for female attention. When the husband breaks and gets female attention from a woman not his wife, the wife claims he committed adultery and is then free to change mates. All the while she remains in good standing in the cong.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

"yet they as a whole stand out as the best christian religious organization on the face of our planet earth today."

I'm sorry to say it OBVES, you must be blind. How can you seriously believe that? Oh, maybe you are joking. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

• purpleplus
    purpleplus

Rap music is evil. One elder read it "from the outline" like that was supposed to make it official. Granted, I don't like most of the rap that's out now. But I will not give up the stuff that I do enjoy (The Roots, Panacea, Common, etc). I just made sure not to listen to it when certain people were around.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    Rap music is evil. One elder read it "from the outline" like that was supposed to make it official. Granted, I don't like most of the rap that's out now. But I will not give up the stuff that I do enjoy (The Roots, Panacea, Common, etc). I just made sure not to listen to it when certain people were around.

I think I remember that outline. I went home and wrote "bible rap" about the book of genesis. I think I was about 8 years old at the time and I thought rappers were "cool". My mom said that it isn't the music that is bad it's the lyrics and she said my bible rap was pretty creative. I know some JWs that villified the whole bunch though. And now that I'm out I don't like rap anymore, oh well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit