Do you believe that a woman has to be married to be happy?

by MsMcDucket 58 Replies latest social relationships

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    My sister will be fifty next year and she is still waiting for the new system to find a man.

PEC, is she happy or bitter? How does she make a living (If I may ask)?

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I would like a couple of them to talk to and "play" with on occasion, friends.

I certainly don't want to live with anyone.

Whitedove, why do I understand what you mean? I am married!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I don't think it's necessary for happiness at all. After two divorces, I am gunshy. So many things can go wrong. I didn't marry Andy, which is probably a good thing.

FHN, I have, always, said that if I ever was single again that the next relationship that I got into, the man would have to have his OWN house and I mine!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I don't know, but I believe men need to be single to be happy.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

What do marriage and happiness have to do with each other? If a married person it is coincidental to marriage. If a single person is happy it is coincidental to singleness.

Marriage is a good arrangement for sharing finances, and responsibilities of raising children. There is nothing inherent in that arrangement that brings happiness or unhappiness.

Cog

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    I asked my wife and she said DEFINITELY not.

You and your wife have a great sense of humor!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    I don't know, but I believe men need to be single to be happy.

You know that's an interesting point! It's acceptable for a man to be an old bachelor; but not acceptable for a woman to be an old bachelorette! You know they call women that don't get married "Old blankety blanks"!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

You're right MsMcducket, but then again, any man over 30 who's not married is gay, so it all evens out.

• PEC
    PEC
    PEC, is she happy or bitter? How does she make a living (If I may ask)?

She is very bitter. She works at the San Diego Zoo in the gift shop, a very respectable dub job. It is union; so, the benefits should be good.

Philip

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Heck no, been married, single, in a relationship and single again. I have to say there is alot if not more happiness in being single for a woman than in a marriage. Women are givers, caring, self-sacrificing by nature or nurture. This often leads to women being the ones who lose themselves in a relationship because they aren't focusing on what makes them truly happy and developing their individual aspirations, because they are too damn busy pleasing everyone else! LOL

I like having the remote control to myself, deciding how to spend my money, what to wear, where to go....although a relationship/marriage can be wonderful if its the RIGHT one, it can also be stifling and repressive. So, no, I don't think a woman needs to be married to be happy. I don't think any of us need to be partnered off to "complete" us or anything even close to that. Not to say that a great relationship can't enhance a person's life or bring them added joy, but to expect it to provide your happiness is scary!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit