The entire US must change to CFL bulbs by 2016! It's the law! Good or Bad?

by AK - Jeff 136 Replies latest social current

• Indo_Dude
    Indo_Dude
    As long as they give off light, I'm not too concerned about it. Seriously, we're talking about freaking light bulbs. Whatever is out on the market in 2016 is what I will buy.

I've noticed that many of the posters that are upset over the 'government intrusion' are the same posters who were frothing at the mouth over the govt needing to step in and help mortgage borrowers, create a national healthcare program, and stop oil companies from making 'so much money'.

The moment these posters have to actually put their money where their mouth is, howls of 'it is unconstitutional' abound. It's 8 years away! How could anyone give a care one way or the other 8 years out?

Bizarre!

• JK666
    JK666

Hillary,

Since you are such a pious expert on EVERYTHING.

Tell us your credentials.

Degrees, GPA's, and institutions.

Me, BA 4.0, ante up.

You are stupid.

JK.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Burn,

There is no such thing as good government when you do not want to be governed.

.....and there is no such thing as good law when you want to be lawless. However, next time your house is burgled notice that it is the good law that protects your interests.

HS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I've noticed that many of the posters that are upset over the 'government intrusion' are the same posters who were frothing at the mouth over the govt needing to step in and help mortgage borrowers, create a national healthcare program, and stop oil companies from making 'so much money'.

You're full of shit. Who?

Not me. I am against everything you list.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    There is no such thing as good government when you do not want to be governed.

Unless you are advocating no government at all, what do you believe a government's function to be? I'm a little confused by this.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    .....and there is no such thing as good law when you want to be lawless. However, next time your house is burgled notice that it is the good law that protects your interests.

Sig-Sauer and Brinks protects my interests asshat. I live so far out in the sticks the cops would never respond in time.

BTS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

JK666,

Degrees, GPA's, and institutions.

Last time that I listed my scholarly, literary and musical achievements I was accused of showing off. Search my posts and you will find! What this has to do with anything though is a mystery.

I should bugger of matey, before I fetch the fly spray.

HS

• TopHat
    TopHat

"HS" likes to force his opinions down other posters throats. Then makes snide comments if they disagree or talk back. It must be that bathtub gin he drinks! LOL

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Burn,

Sig-Sauer and Brinks protects my interests asshat.

You can be so incredibly stupid.

Who do you think mandates protection FOR Brinks. Who do you think mandates protection FROM Brinks?

Shaking head....I think you have been drinking at JK666's fountain this evening.

HS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    It must be that bathtub gin he drinks! LOL

HS is a scotch drinker. And he collects rare books.

Redeeming qualities, even for a statist.

A few drinks and a gift of a first edition Adam Smith could turn him around. Every man has a weakness.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit