The entire US must change to CFL bulbs by 2016! It's the law! Good or Bad?

by AK - Jeff 136 Replies latest social current

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    Your power is MANDATED by the government. A power company MUST ABIDE by the GOVERNMENT to provide power to ALL residents of a particular county, state, locale, at a MANDATED RATE. Your ignorance of how 'public utilities' are run is laughable. Seriously, learn something, and realize that you, yes you, BTS, is a net negative on the treasury. You do not

As a Former employee of FPL.... I can assure you that the state does regulate the power business...fees, rates, reliabilty etc. They even have to provide you service at cost or a regulated tarriff if you need more than a regulated minimum of equipment for your needs.

The State of Florida doesnt make anyone connect to anything. If Burn really wanted off the grid all he has to do is make a call....... disconnects happen in about 24 hours or so.

If he makes arrangments for alternatives (health and welfare issues like food storage) Dade County wont bat an eye either.

Idie-dude...what college did you go to, hoss? I dont want to send any of my kids to the same place.

Hill

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I walked away and got a toilet. It's hard to reason with a person who tipps everyone they meet for anything they do.

Like you've ever met a cow you wouldn't tip.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    I wonder what the US marines involved in that fight must think, with our government torturing a 15 year old, almost mortally

I think the Canadians did some of this interogation-torture on this kid.

If I understand the story right...he tried to kill the Marines who were trying to kill him by tossing a grenade at them.

If the kid came running at those Marines witha Bic pen or a crow bar shooting him would be excessive force. Not to mention finding a Canadian national among the enemy warrants some attention.

---I think the admintstration has overstepped the Nations basic morality and international law with some of our current policies towared Non Combatants---note that for the record

Jeff

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Your power is MANDATED by the government. A power company MUST ABIDE by the GOVERNMENT to provide power to ALL residents of a particular county, state, locale, at a MANDATED RATE. Your ignorance of how 'public utilities' are run is laughable. Seriously, learn something, and realize that you, yes you, BTS, is a net negative on the treasury. You do not

As a Former employee of FPL.... I can assure you that the state does regulate the power business...fees, rates, reliabilty etc. They even have to provide you service at cost or a regulated tarriff if you need more than a regulated minimum of equipment for your needs.

The State of Florida doesnt make anyone connect to anything. If Burn really wanted off the grid all he has to do is make a call....... disconnects happen in about 24 hours or so.

If he makes arrangments for alternatives (health and welfare issues like food storage) Dade County wont bat an eye either.

Idie-dude...what college did you go to, hoss? I dont want to send any of my kids to the same place.

Hill

I don't live in Dade, I am on the other side of the Alley.

As for Peter Pan that says I am a net negative on the treasury, I would love to be. I probably shelled out more in taxes than he made last year. And I really don't want to know how he earned it.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/15/162102/2997597/post.ashx#2997597

BTS

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    Like you've ever met a cow you wouldn't tip.

So far every cow I ever tipped needed a calf pulled out or her uterus shoved back in.

Moooo... her comes that guy with cold hands and long plastic gloves!

Hill

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I don't live in Dade, I am on the other side of the Alley~ BTS

SH*t..you are out in the sticks! The US Cavalry still warn you guys about hostile Indians out there?

~Hill

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    SH*t..you are out in the sticks! The US Cavalry still warn you guys about hostile Indians out there?

No LOL. It isn't like I am in the middle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit