The entire US must change to CFL bulbs by 2016! It's the law! Good or Bad?

by AK - Jeff 136 Replies latest social current

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    Little by little we are losing our freedom.

c'mon folks, we're talking about bulbs!!!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    c'mon folks, we're talking about bulbs!!!

You really don't get it do you?

BTS

• brinjen
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    In fact, there's led lighting alternatives availible now...

Did you notice the price on those bulbs?

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Yes hamilcar...just bulbs..... bulbs that pose a danger....that the government is forcing upon us. It is one more thing in a long line of increasintg government imposed controls.... Together they demonstrate a disturbing trend...for those who have their eyes open.

Coffee

• brinjen
    brinjen
    Did you notice the price on those bulbs?

They are still 'new' to the market. Give it a few years and they will be much, much cheaper. 2016 is 8 years away...

• oompa
    oompa

CFL will be a thing of the past very soon.....screw in LCD's are soooo much better, and better for the environment...no mecury....it will not be long............oompa

buy LCD stocks....the right ones of course

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Yes hamilcar...just bulbs..... bulbs that pose a danger....that the government is forcing upon us. It is one more thing in a long line of increasintg government imposed controls.... Together they demonstrate a disturbing trend...for those who have their eyes open.

Yes. Compulsion and prohibition. Both are at play in this example. We simply have no choice because the government wields the sword.

Illuminating, isn't it?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I use the CFL bulbs in some parts of my house, but not all. I've been using them for years, and didn't notice a significant change in my electrical bill. The biggest factors in reducing my electrical bills include:

1. Turning off lights and other things when not using them.
    2. Upgrading to energy efficient appliances.

My electrical bill is less than half of what it was 2 years ago because of these changes I made over the last 6 months.

W

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Does Haliburton own the company that makes thes bulbs by any chance? Or does George W or Jeb own stock in the company that does?

Boy...was there a hoo ha topic like this about the change over to HD and us all having TVs that wont work any more? We didnt have a choice in that either. Or the gas prices hitting the roof or needing catalytic converters or changing the drinking age, or the maximum speed limits or ...

Gov...gotta lov em.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit