The entire US must change to CFL bulbs by 2016! It's the law! Good or Bad?

by AK - Jeff 136 Replies latest social current

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

What the hell ever happened to 'free choice'? It is the law that we must change - no choice. Yet look at the NEW DISASTER this creates!

I was an uniformed advocate of this change - I did not know it was law that we would all be forced to change. And don't break one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUl1iVE3qXU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-LOtKIIKcg&feature=related

Our constitution is being slowly ripped out from under our feet.

Jeff

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Holy freakin' crap. That is seriously unbelievable. Thank you for posting BOTH of those, a nice side-by-side story! I, too, was uninformed.

Unbelievable.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I was not aware that it is the LAW! You don't get to choose.

Will they soon be enacting laws that tell us what kind of toilet paper we must use - or how many sqaures of it?

This is very scary to me. The gradual erosion of personal freedom may eventually topple this society. The constitution is being ignored in favor of 'current public opinion' .

Jeff

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I was not aware that it is the LAW! You don't get to choose.

Do you get this worked up over having to wear a seatbelt?

For that matter, did you get this worked up over the government spying on Americans?

Jut trying to figure out where you come from on this.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I did not watch the videos

no sound on this laptap

but

I tried to change all the bulbs to CFL for a friend of mine in her house and not all light fixtures were compatable with the size of bulb.....like ceiling fan light fixtures. Maybe they make a more condensed bulb but I have not seen them.

Also, some very old lamps cannot take the size of those bulbs.........

just my 2 cents on dealing with these bulbs

and I will miss the softer light of the regular bulbs, they can romance a room,

purps

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I detest florescent light bulbs. The light they give off is depressing and cold. I can tolerate them only over a sink in the kitchen. They give me pounding headaches. I like the warmth and cheerfulness of incandescent bulbs. I think I will stock up on them over the years and have them on hand. I'll just be careful not to let any cops in my house or people I think might be lightbulb narcs.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Wow, can Ted Poe represent me???

Yeah, those cfls aren't very good in preplacing incandescant bulbs for another reason...they're too friggin' big, usually.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

ok, i got the sound to work..........and watched the videos

I never dreamed of needing to read any kind of warning label for a light bulb

and have broke them, even had one broken in the package before I ever opened it.

The one that broke on the floor was first swept up and then I vacuumed up the rest,

all while me and my granddaughter were in this small apt.

I doubt very many people know anything about the hazards of these bulbs in cleaning up.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

They are ugly.

One thing I agree with republicans about is that the government needs to stay the heck out of certain parts of our business.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Flying High's quote: "One thing I agree with republicans about is that the government needs to stay the heck out of certain parts of our business."

Amen to that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit