Do You Believe It's Possible We Might Be In "The Time Of The End"?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

My thought is that every generation has said "things cannot go on much longer" but it continues to and we see more and more generations coming up. Things are bad, but I think they could be a whole lot worse as well. I think there is more yet to come before the end. I'm not sure If I'll see the end in my lifetime. Just like most of our parents never thought they would be retired in this system, and they are!

I agree w/Velvet. I don't think the JW's will be the only survivors and everyone else is to be destroyed.

• JeffT
    JeffT

The End of what?

The Sonics era in Seattle is definately over.

W's term in the White House is almost over.

Brittany Spears days as a singer are likely over.

All kinds of stuff ends every day. End of the world? Who knows.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Anything is possible - if you mean a time of the end, but if you mean "THE Time of the End" as spoken of by the Borg, then No...Never ...No Way. It is more likely that you may meet Santa Claus, Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster...

Blues (looking over his shoulder now

• blondie
    blondie

But then some believe the end came in the first century.

• minimus
    minimus

If you believe in the Bible at all, how can you reconcile that they were living in the "last days" and that we might possibly be living in the same "last days"??

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    It is more likely that you may meet Santa Claus, Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster...

Don't forget Ogopogo!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogopogo

W

• yknot
    yknot

Well of course Americans have a strong history of 'end times' religions and beliefs.....

Personally my answer for several years has been that...technically everyday that passes draws closer to Armageddon.

If I revert back to the indoctrination of the 70's and look at the world conditions I would say not in the immediate future. A one world government would only happen after the world developed more EU & UNASUR alliances..... and those types could easily rule themselves for several centuries before some event caused them to consider a global united government. People don't just hand over property rights, or give up status for equality.

Like all well indoctrinated former JWkids I can flip on my Armageddon ready switch anytime in the blink of an eye.

• owenfieldreams
  • jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Many religions other than JWs believe we are at the "end times". Some individuals believe the earth will really be destroyed either by means of God or man in this century.

What's your take?

I cant help thinking about it from time to time when I note world events vs. my upbringing and indoctrination for the first 31 years of my life.

I think either I am a born sucker for conspiracy theories or I developed the weakness from having been raised a witness.

I am aware the Mayan calender runs out in 2012. I have worked midnights for the last 5 years and listened a lot to "Coast to Coast" radio with George Noory, it used to be Art Bell.

That show is always talking about the end of the world or it used to. I havent listend in the last year.

There is a fellow Zechariah Stichin who has decifered the Sumarian text. The Sumarians are the oldest civilization known to man.

He claims from his research that there is a planet that orbits the earth on a very big orbit probaly once every 6 or so thousand years. Its called planet X.

That is why modern man does not know of it, We only discoverd pluto in the past 100 years.

Anyways when this planet comes around and enters earths gravitation it causes the earth to start spining the opposite way. That is called a pole shift.

According to his Sumerian text that is what happened when the biblical flood came about 6,000 years ago.

Also when that planet comes around beings from it come to earth. The Gods. If we evolved they would be the missing link to explain things. There is also a book called chariots of the Gods by a Dutch man. Von Daniken.

Like any theory there are those who disbelieve but I dont read hyrogliphics. And you were asking what my take was. Thats the best I have at the moment.

• flipper
    flipper

Nah . I don't think so ( I bought that once in my life, not again. )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit