Do You Believe It's Possible We Might Be In "The Time Of The End"?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Layla33
    Layla33

Well lets see. Life has been on earth for at lease 4 billion years( simple cell life) Around 2 billion years ago complex cellular life appeared. Modern humans appeared around 200 000 years ago.

There was at least 5 major mass extinctions that we know of on earth. These extinctions were cause by different things.

1. Catastrophic Agents- such as meteorite impacts and comet showers,
    2. Earth Agents- such as volcanism, glaciation, variations in sea level, global climatic changes, and changes in ocean levels of oxygen or salinity

So it is possible that we see an other mass extinction on earth that can be biologically (humans) caused.

If we do manage to wipe out almost everything I believe that life can evolve into something else with out us being around.

I like this answer best of all. Major kudos. ^^^^

• DisconnectingDrone
    DisconnectingDrone

I remember when in 1986 the UN announced 1986 would be the year of "International Peace & Security". This was fulfillment of Bible prophecy. I would not have to go to senior school-Armageddon would be here.
    I remember when the Soviet Union fell in 1989 and the announcements about decommissioning nuclear weapons was made. I would not have to worry about choosing my exams to take-Armageddon would be here.
    I remember the first Gulf war in 1990. I had to worry about being thrown into prison when I left school and tortured, but be happy that I would pass through to the paradise.
    I remember 9/11 in 2001. More proof that this was it-this was the end.However, I began questioning the crap-I did say to some JW's I can see this system going on for another 10 or 20 years-which turned their faces white.
    I remember 7/7 in 2005. Another "Armageddon is imminent". Then an elderly sister made the point that she lived during the blitz in WWII and the war on terrorism is nothing compared to what she lived through 60+ years ago.
    Cost of living goes up were near the end (didn't it go up much worse in Germany in the 20's?) Not much of an end.
    It's a win-win situation. War breaks out-were near the end. Peace treaties are signed-were near the end. Half the prophecies say the time of the end will be full of wars, others talk about peace. Talk about covering your butt. I'll go out on a limb and say tommorrow will be wet&dry and warm&cold-I guarantee I'll be right!
    The UN have just shown that they haven't got the balls to do anything about a weakling like Mugabe. The British & US forces tip toe round mosques in Iraq and Afghanistan. No-one is in a position to "ban religion".
    If we are in the time of the end and the JW's are God's chosen org then who wants to live forever in a pedophile paradise, run from a zillion miles away by all the dead governing bodies snooping in on our lives. No wonder they look forward to their heavenly reward-a chance to peek into the homes of every human on the planet and zap anyone-even a married couple who decide to be a little advanterous between the sheets.

• minimus
    minimus

I think every generation has its end. Simple as that!

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

NO, NO, NO.....................

• megs
    megs

Oddly enough, this is something that attracted me to my local KH... I think that human beings are desecrating the planet and unless people start radically changing their lifestyles, we're going to destroy ourselves... I don't think it'll happen in my lifetime, but I think that in 100 years life as we know if will be radically different... I could be wrong though

• Archer
    Archer

I think we are capable of screwing things up big time. Actually, when you think about it there has never been a civilisation that hasn't fail in the end. So this one will too sooner or later. But if you ask if I'm expecting "second coming" kind of the end then no I'm too materialistic as they say to believe in invisible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit