Do You Believe It's Possible We Might Be In "The Time Of The End"?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• FairMind
    FairMind

Yes and I believe it is in fulfillment of Bible prophecy. Mentally I can picture the present world situation (terrorists, energy crisis, food shortages, terrorist nations with nuclear capability, etc.) rapidly escalating to a crisis of almost unimaginable proportions. So bad that if God does not cut these days short, no flesh will be spared. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong but if I'm right then now is the time to turn to God for salvation.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'm only 39 and most definately not in my "end time."

Other than that, someone along time ago in South America predicted a bunch of stuff that actually came true.

He predicted by a calendar he or someone else made (more accurate than ours) that a cataclismic event would happen in 2012.

I don't put much stock in it though.

• d.boon
    d.boon

We are told that there are “sign post” or “markers” to determine the time of the end, (these words are used much throughout Enochian Magick by the way, and much of the JW language resembles that of Enochian Magick including the use of the name’s Jehovah and Watchtower.)

Anyway we are told the “sign post” are WAR FAMINE ect. But Jesus said the end is not YET in other words these were false signs. This is clear when we read that the world will be a peace when the end comes.

The only signs we are given by our Lord Jesus is The Sun will be darkened, the moon will turn to blood the stars will fall from heaven and you will see Jesus coming. When that happens know that you are in “the end” not before than, We are living in the “last days” as much as the apostles were, John Chrysostom said “Either we will meet the Lords Day in our death, or it will meet us while we are living.” <- maybe not an exact quote it’s just from memory.

• Gill
    Gill

Civilisations have come and gone for thousands upon unmeasureable thousands of years.

If 'anything does happen' it won't be the first time and it won't be the last.

I've contemplated this my whole life, having been brought up JW.....and have finally reached the point where I refuse to be scared of anything anymore....and in the famous words of a special hero.......I don't give a damn!!

I was a child in the 1970's and remember times being tough and those who lived through world war 2 probably feel the same.

Armageddon comes to someone somewhere everyday!

If you start worrying there's no point in living anymore as you ruin your life and depress yourself!

Live for today and HOPE for tomorrow!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I do think we are at a crossroads now. On the one hand, if we can dump the leaders that really run this country (and that means the companies that are bribing and manipulating elections, not the president), we can enter a time where free markets and science can undo the problems we have created. In that case, science and the free market will lead to booms in all technology, and we will see a time when we can live forever in paradise on Earth, without Jehovah Baghead running things.

However, if the leaders use guns and arms to force themselves to remain in power, we are in for trouble. We have Codex Alimentarius coming at the end of 2009, threatening to make all vitamin and herb supplements illegal. We are facing a depression with inflation. Crime will get much worse, since stagnation will lead to more "kick crimes" and there will be a black market for vitamins and herbs. We will be owned by a few companies (and I don't mean Wal-Mart, Starbucks, or Microsoft--I mean Merck, Monsanto, and the Federal Reserve Bank). Freedom will be a thing of the past, and everything that is on the Internet will be censored by some regulatory agency. No improvement will ever be possible, as we lose the race against the next disease pandemic.

Or worse yet, the Washtowel Slaveholdery succeeds in plunging the whole world into the Second Dark Ages. They will own everyone and everything, and have a total monopoly on knowledge (and we all know how crappy that is). Superstition will run rampant. No one will be able to do anything but field circus and boasting sessions. Stagnation will be as bad as it can get. And ultimately, the planet will be ruined. By the Washtowel Slaveholdery.

• minimus
    minimus

Soooo, from a scriptural viewpoint, how can one explain theat early Christians were said to be living in the "last days"? Last days of what?? The same "last days" that mean no end to the "world"????

• d.boon
    d.boon

The last days is the time period between the 1st and 2nd coming of Christ.

It's the same time period spoken of when Jesus said:

Matthew 12:31-32 “On this account I say to YOU, Every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven. For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come. (NWT)

The system of things to come is the last days when Jesus would send the helper the Holy Spirit.

• flyphisher
    flyphisher

Yes. I do.

We are living in the end of a certain society-, culture-, morality- and economy-system that stands for immense wickedness and perversion. This system falls by its own system-immanent failures, not by a super-natural event..

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I'm with Zombie on this one.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

No. But I do belive my time is limited.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit