Where To Go For 10th Wedding Anniversary?

by sweet pea 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Purza
    Purza

Well if you want a city "like" San Francisco, what about Seattle? Its a bit grayer, but still a nice place to visit. Or as Hortensia recommended, Portland, OR. Another good place to visit. You could take a run out to the Oregon Coast as well -- very romantic.

Have you ever taken a cruise? You can get some good deals out of L.A. down to Mexico -- or if you want to spend a bit more, I recommend the Carribean. I did a cruise there earlier this year and I absolutely loved it!

Purza

• Dagney
    Dagney

Hey sp! You back?

I think it depends on what you want to do. Do you want to be in a city and enjoy all it has to offer? SF is magic as far as cities go. The cities the others mentioned are great also.

If you want leisure, Mexico as in an all inclusive resort for families is good. Pacific side is different from the Yucatan side...both great. Hawaii is paradise, whatever island, it is so beautiful.

Cruise is also great...great fun, and easy to catch a ship so close. It's lovely to be at sea and lots of fun for the kids.

How do you fancy spending your time?

• JK666
    JK666

sweet pea,

If you are heading east, try Niagara Falls. Everyone should see it at least once, and there are plenty of things for the boys to enjoy.

JK

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Actually I agree with JK666, Niagara (Canadian side) is beautifully romantic and really unforgettable. It should be stunning right now as they put so much work into the gardens and the main street is lined with some of the best flower beds I have ever seen. The podlets might be a bit small for Maid on the Mist is the only problem, which has to be done.

Sheraton on the Falls is a great place to stay - floor to ceiling suite overlooking the falls which are lit up at night, but avoid the restaurant except for breakfast where you have the sun rising and making rainbows over the falls.

The Skylon tower is incredible to eat at with fabulous views.

. And Niagara on the Lake just down the road is such a pretty village. I stayed at the George, which is basic but comfortable and nice and private. It offers a package for a jetpool ride along the river. They do a covered version which would be perfect for the kids and if you are feeling homesick for a pint and a pie there's an Olde Worlde English pub in the town. A fort just outside which would be fun for the boys (all 3 of em) with guns and military dress from the civil war and plenty of space to run around in. It tends to keep pretty early hours - very family oriented. Most restarurants wanted you sat down by 9. And try the ice wine - its exquisite. Vineyards all around to visit and most of the restaurants serve it. The people are really friendly and lots of children about. A good relaxing, clean, safe place to visit with lots to see and memories to make.

• tinker
    tinker

Hello Darling, Congratulations on almost 10yrs of bliss. My love and I have been married for almost 27yrs and I still get goose bumps when he walk into a room. Isn't Love Grand. So an Anniversary Trip is in the works....hum.....lets see. As a mother of 4, I would have to say a city trip is not the best idea, too sophisticated, IMO. I would have to go with Hawaii. Very casual and Hang-a-loose. The Caribbean is fabulous but it is 3rd world and with little guys, I like to know all the doctors speak English*. Hawaii with wee ones would be wonderful. You do not need much in the way of clothing. Just swim suits and lots of SPF 50 for those copper heads. Hours at the beach, snorkeling with sea turtles and tropical fish. If you get a condo, you can cook meals of fresh fish and tropical fruits. You know they have like 10 different kinds of bananas. There are boat rides and volcano's, bicycling and kayaking. On Oahu there is North Shore and I think Sept is a good time to see the Big Waves and Surfing. On Maui, go to Hana to the Seven Sacred Ponds and black sand beaches. For me, swimming with the turtles was magical. Oh my, I should be working on a Hawaii plan myself. We were there 3yrs ago for my in laws 50th anniversary. We took a week cruise around the islands and then a week on Maui....what a wonderful trip. I Highly Recommend Hawaii.....can't wait for our next trip. This earth holds many wonders. May you and your loves explore them together. Peace and Love be with you always your friend Tinker *in Mexico with 16yr old son, he cut his knee. took 6hr to find a doctor for stitches.

• Emmylou
    Emmylou

I think cruises are great for families because the children have activities. The parents can have some alone time together. Also when my children were young (3) we brought our neighbor who was a teenager along on several of our road trips. She was the best babysitter and had never been anywhere outside of our city. She loved it. She told me years later those times were some of her favorite memories. Those vacations were so much easier for us too.

• Pandoras cat
    Pandoras cat

Hi sweetpea,

Congrats on your 10th!!! Can I ask how old your podlets are? The reason I ask is that if you decide on Mexico the medical care isn't that great. I don't mean to sound like Dr. Doom--I was a worry wart with my kids. There are great deals in Mexico though. Hawaii is beautiful!!! You can rent a condo with all the perks of home which is great when you have kids--having a washing machine is great!!! If you stay at a resort they offer babysitter services and little crafty classes during the day so Mom and Dad can have some "alone" time. It is very romantic. San Fran is fun too. There is a restaurant on Fishermans Warf called the Rainforest Cafe. My kids loved that place when they were younger....

Don't think this helped much huh?

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

And what’s wrong with Blackpool……..???? Not good enough for you....!!!

• free2think
    free2think

And what’s wrong with Blackpool……..???? Not good enough for you....!!!

Exactly!

I think they've gone over there and gone and forgotten about their roots.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

wife and I went to Niagara Falls, it was so beautiful

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit